Sparkle Addicts

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Simple look: Dark Blue Glitter Liner + Dark Plum Lips

So I dunno why my camera made me look all tan. I'm not! I might try this look again at another time in natural light to see if it shows up the way it should. But anyway. I've seen a lot of blogs with pictures of gals with their mouths parted. I think it looks cute and sort of sexy. But I feel like a huge dork when I do it! What do you think?
I also bought some OCC lip tars to make my own lip colours. I'm not going to swatch them since everyone and their grandma already has.
I made this colour using Demure, NSFW and a tiny bit of RX to make a dark plum colour. I really like these lip tars! They are extremely opaque, comfortable to wear and easy to apply and you only need a teeny tiny amount. I love how they give that wet, juicy look.
I read a lot about people having trouble with bleeding. I didn't at all with mine because I first applied Avon Plump Pout lipgloss in Nude Pout, blotted it, then applied a tiny amount of the lip tar mixture with a lip brush. NO bleeding at all! I also ordered some clear lip liner from Avon and I will see how it works with the lip tars when I get it.
Anyway, here's the look. It photographed so weird. Made me have this sort of dark yellow look and made the eyeshadow look really WEIRD too. It's like an ethereal glowing blue shadow. Has sort of a yellow tinge here when it really doesn't. I feel like I look sick or something. Meh.

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
TKB - Echo (applied all the way around the eye with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Graftobian GlitterGlam Liquid Skin Clear Base mixed with My Stuff glitter, which is black and blue glitter (applied the mixture with MAC 210)
Ardell lashes #113

Lips: Avon Plump Pout lipgloss in nude pout
OCC lip tar mixture of Demure, NSFW and a tiny bit of RX

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with a flat top buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
 
I finally have all the stuff I wanted to do a giveaway! Yay! So I will be working on that today and have it posted soon. I've never done one before so I'm still not sure how to go about doing it. I'll figure something out though! If you have any ideas or suggestions, PLEASE let me know!
Where can I find a good randomizer? 

Thanks!
BLIX

30 comments:

  1. I must get more Lip Tars, I only have NSFW. I really, really want Grandma and Anime. Anyway I love the colour you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look different in this look but i love it :) you look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shade thurr! It looks good with the light eye (I'm not even sure I said that right! me no gud with words and talk stuff) :)

    I needs to find a randomizer too and figure out how to work the durn thing or just write peeps on paper and cut them all out the same size and go ABRACADABRA! maybe? maybe not? maybe unicorns pooped on my keyboard? yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're not a dork at all !
    Love the look, and the lips!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I super love it! I think you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is H.O.T.!!! I seriously need to order some lip tars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice eyeliner. i love the lipcolour although it wouldn't work on it, you pull it off wonderfully

    random.org does a great randomizer.

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple yet freaking beautiful on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waouuuuuuuu the lips are amazing :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, yeah that looks really wierd. That happens to me sometimes, my camera just freaks out & will NOT pick up my skin tone. I have pics where I literally look like a Simpsons character.

    I've been thinking of ordering some of the Lip Tars. Whats the texture like & do they have any scent or flavoring?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plum lips look amazing on you!

    And use random.org :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely look as always, and I absolutely MUST have that lip color!!! Ive been wanting to try the lip tars for o long now..

    Sorry dont know much about giveaways, Ive been wanting to do one myself too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm ill have to try that method with the gloss underneath as i love the shades OCC can create but hate the bleed i always get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is similar to my day look as i do the cat eyeliner and lashes daily.... :D very pretty blix
    Maricela
    vividfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeeey a give away let see if I win your love you look very sexy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loove this!! Great mix with the OCC lip tars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh I love how glowy that iridescent shadow is <3

    I really want to get some more OCC liptars, I only have one! I figure if I got most of the good mixing colours (the primary colours, white, black, and maybe a hot pink and beige) I wouldn't need to spend so much on lip products.....but I'm lame and probably would buy just as much and then leave them neglected in a draw XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colour! I heard you get bleeding with the occ liptars if you use too much.
    Is it true that they dry out your lips? because mine are always pretty dry, even normal lipsicks become lipstains on my lips..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that color Echo! I have it, and a few other colors like it :) So hot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the colour of yoru lips is gorgeous!
    i love your blog, and i know i have a lot of reading to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMFG do I love the lipcolor you mixed up! The whole look is very pretty, but that is a perfect dark plum.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I noticed right away that your skin looked way darker. Weird how your camera decided to alter your look that way.

    And the parted lips, you look great! No dork-ness at all. :)

    Have you checked out random.org?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh you look so sexy! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. loving the iridescence on the lid, and the lighter colors are amazing on you! Just received my first OCC lip tar in the mail... I am so super excited to play around with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooooo....i love this look! Simple ans super effective! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you ladies! The lip tars are really nice. I like the texture...sort of like slippery lipgloss but not sticky. The smell and taste is barely there but a slight hint of mint. I like it just fine. It's not super moisturizing but I use a lipgloss underneath so it works fine for me that way. I would recommend that anyone try these. I am in love! I am just waiting on an order of more jars to arrive so I can play with these even more.

    I'll be sure to check out random.org. :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love this look!!! do you do youtube videos???

    ReplyDelete