Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Exercise for 8-25-10 Yoga Meltdown Level 1 w/Jillian Michaels

Since I was still a little sore from working out the day before, I did my new Yoga DVD for a more relaxed workout.

Video preview:
 

Details:
Jillian introduces a new yoga workout unlike any other. Combining hard-core yoga power poses with her dynamic training techniques, Jillian will get you real weight-loss results fast. YOGA MELTDOWN includes two complete 30-minute workouts that include a warm-up and cooldown. Begin with the Level 1 workout which focuses on quickly flowing yoga sequences to burn mega calories. Then progress to Level 2 which adds twists and balance poses for an even greater burn.

http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=JIAM55DVD

My thoughts:
I have never done this workout before so I did the level 1 to see how it was. It was decent. I was able to flow through the workout with hardly looking at the TV since I know a lot of the moves. I didn't sweat hardly at all, but I built a lot of heat and energy which is what yoga should do. I am a little sore from a few poses. As I said, I am already familiar with yoga but Jillian's style and instruction style is different than what I am used to. I'd say she's too intense verbally for a yoga instructor. There is a way to be encouraging and motivational without sounding so pumped. Using a calm but strong voice is all that is needed for yoga.
Other than that I really enjoyed it. I have a ton of realistic LED candles in my living room so I had some of them on to create a more serene environment so I could relax and really focus on the poses. Was a really nice change from my typical ass kicking workouts.
I may try this one a few more times on my light workout days before moving to level 2.

Has anyone ever tried this workout? Do you do yoga?

~BLIX

3 comments:

  1. I've never done this DVD and I've never done straight yoga. But...I've done pilates and I've really liked that. Maybe I'll give that another go (thanks for the reminder).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I have this one too. :) I used it when I didn't have the full 90 minutes to devote to the P90X yoga routine (which I highly recommend and it can be found individually on ebay). I like level 2 a bit better than level 1, but I agree that it is not as serene as yoga should be. The P90X one isn't either, but you'll sweat and contort like crazy.
    I'm loving your workout posts by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy Jillian. When I had Comcast OnDemand I would do her 45min metabolism boost video's 3 times a week. I also like Jackie Warner's Circuit training video (seen here: http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Training-Jackie-Power-Circuit/dp/B002L6HDAQ )

    Yay for fitness!

    ReplyDelete