Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Soft Purple and Blue-Gray look with Hi-Fi Cosmetics

This look was not intentionally meant to be soft. The colours look more opaque and dark in the sample baggies than they appeared when I applied them. Which is OK because I should do soft looks from time to time. Just wasn't what I was expecting. I like it though. :-)
I think my lash glue is dying as lately I've had a hard time getting my lashes to stick when I never did before. I think I'll hit up Sally's Beauty Supply and grab some to see if that's what the problem is. I've really been wanting to try Revlon's new lash glue because it has that nifty applicator wand. Hopefully they have some.

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
Hi-Fi - Funky Music (applied to outer half of upper lid, crease and V blending inward on the crease with MAC 239)
Hi-Fi - Swimming Through the Ashes (applied to outer crease with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping along the crease)
Hi-Fi - Pixies (applied to inner half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping outward) 
Hi-Fi - Pixies (applied to lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/ sweeping outward)
Simply Natural's - Angel (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and inner tear duct area)
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in white (applied to water line with MAC 210)
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel liner in Hustle (it's sort of a lavender/silver colour and I applied to the lower lash line)
Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara in Very Black (lower lashes)

Ardell 111 lashes

Lips: My Stuff - some lipgloss I made (seriously it's way more sparkly IRL...probably too sparkly)

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with Jumbo buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending)
AL Luminesce Divine Mineral Finishing Powder in Angel (applied with Jumbo Flat Top brush)
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Corset (applied to cheeks with a small blush brush)

Check out Hi-Fi Cosmetics!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/hificosmetics

Some extra cuteness! These pics of me and my niece were taken by my sister-in-law, Lindsay. I forgot to add them in my 4th of July pics post.
I was trying to put makeup on, using the natural light from the window. Adalynn was totally into all my makeup which I didn't mind because she wasn't ruining anything. She would dump my makeup bag and then collect it piece by piece and put it back in the bag. But some pieces she did throw across the room.

She kept looking in the mirror at me and herself. So I kept saying, "I see you!" over and over and she would giggle.

Then I just let her have the mirror so she could look at herself. She would point at it and say, "girl".

I was just watching the cuteness!

No, I'm not making the kissy face! She started repeating what I was saying, "I see you!" whenever I would say it. But I think she was talking to herself in the mirror. So cute!

Here's a video of her. It's barely over a minute long so watch it! My fav part is when she puts her hands up to her mouth and starts laughing like she can't help herself. The lady you hear is her mommy, Lindsay.

Cheese! I ya you!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome Look and I love how I can see the shimmers on your lips. I can't believe you made. Its such a pretty color and girl, you can never have enough shimmers lol.

    by the way, your niece is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and your makeup is lovely, too! Sorry your niece upstaged that - my brain was reduced to goo for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty look! You look very soft and delicate, but your close up eye pics show that the look is definitely still dramatic!
    Also, I never noticed your ear piercing(s) before, so cool!

    Your niece is adorable :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty make up look, and those pictures of you and Adalynn are sooo cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty colors -- I like the way the glitter on the lips looks in the pics, too. Cute vid! She sounds just like my niece when she says cheese. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Well, the lipgloss is super sparkly so it's not something I could wear all the time or to any kind of event. But I do like it.

    Yep, I have 8 piercings in each ear. :-)

    I know Adalynn totally stole the show. But that's OK because she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful soft look and HOW ADORABLE IS SHE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi pretty girl!
    awwwee Adalynn is reeaaallyyy cute! Please send my hugs and kisses to her! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god she's adorable! XD

    I like how this look is kind of icy yet fresh at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the video of your niece. She reminds me so much of my daughter (now 13 y/o) when she was that age. My kids call their gma and gpa Mamo (mom-oh) and Papo (pop-oh). And I think you look very pretty in this soft blue/grey look. It's a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know you don't usually do soft looks, but this looks very pretty and magical on you =)

    ReplyDelete