Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Purple and Brown look + Glitter using Aromaleigh

It's been quite a long time since I've been wanting to try this colour combo. I've seen a small handful of ladies wear it and it looks really nice. I'm not a huge brown person as I feel it looks sort of poopy on me...you know what I mean.
I used purple glitter that IRL fairly matched the purple shadow. But in these pictures, it looks totally different. So I guess my camera captured it differently than how it really looks. Oh well. Here it is.
I made zee earrings.
Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
AL - thalia's return (applied to outer V, crease and lower lash line with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
AL - vigil of change (applied to upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping) 
AL - air & light (applied to inner tear duct with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
AL - snow (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Eggplant (applied to outer lower lash line, extending out with black liner)
AL - paranoia glitter (applied to lower lash line extending out using Graftobian GlitterGlam Liquid Skin Sparkle Clear Mixing Base and MAC 210)
CoverGirl Volume Exact mascara in very black
Ardell 118 lashes


Lips: NYX Round Lipgloss in Queen of Africa

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with Jumbo buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Finishing powder in Metamorphosis (applied with Jumbo Flat Top brush)
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small blush brush)

Check out Aromaleigh!

9 comments:

  1. I really like the purple and brown combination and the earrings are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't look poopy on you lol. I love this combo and you're right, not a lot of girls wear this color combo. It's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes look fantastic! This is a really great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beautiful!! I tagged you in a Tag on my page <3
    http://lisamarie337.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-tag-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I've ever paired purple and brown. Pink and brown is one of my favorites! Love the purple you used. Look turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol poopy. It doesn't look poopy on you but I know what you mean about browns. I think that's why I usually stick to golden browns if I use one cuz then I can say IT WAS GOLD!!! Even though it's just a brown in a gold mask. oOo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple on the lid. It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That purple is gorgeous <3 it goes great with the lips

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww i love the combo! Usually i hate using browns b/c its so BLAH but i'll do it if i have something more casual on (like sweats and jeans)... NOT THAT I WEAR THAT ALL THE TIME haha.

    ReplyDelete