Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Orange, Green and Grey/Purple look with Aromaleigh

I wasn't sure if I should put grey or gray in the title as I see many people spell it differently depending on where they live. So I tagged with both so anyone can find it if looking on my bloggy. :-)  I grew up in Europe so I tend to spell some things differently like colour instead of color...and flavour instead of flavor. It's hard for me not to do that. Grey seems to be an English thing where as gray is an American thing...I think. But I have been using them both recently because I started to forget and 2nd guess which one I normally use just from seeing both being used by different people. Hee hee, wait...me no crazy! I guess it doesn't really matter. Which do you use?

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
AL - seed pearl (applied to inner corner and with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
AL - cricket (applied to inner half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
AL - tigrilla (applied to outter half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping and applied to inner half of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting)
AL - moonset (applied to outer V, crease and outer lower lash line using MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
AL - snow (applied under brow using MAC 217 by patting/blending)
I tried using carbon eyeshadow cream as a liner using MAC 210...it did not work so well. I won't do that again!
NYX jumbo pencil in white (applied to water line with MAC 210)
CoverGirl Volume exact mascara in Very Black (lower lashes)
Ardell #113 lashes (these are my fav!)

Lips: MAC Dazzleglass in Kitty Kouture

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with Jumbo buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending)
AL rocks! Sonic Rouge in sinisterrouge (applied to cheeks with a small blush brush)

17 comments:

  1. Very very pretty. I sent a friend to come check out your looks. She's totally impressed. I think you'll be the feature in her make-up class.

    BTW - I keep meaning to ask, but it slips my mind. Do you put the Ardell lashes on first before your eye make up or last? Mascara on before or after the lashes?

    I'm trying to figure out these damned things for a 1950's vintage calender shoot with my dog and so far, I've managed to make quite a mess. LOL!

    Oh! Thank you for that link! I'll show you the finished collar first so you can name it if you'd like.

    ~ Hoyden

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, I love this color combo on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting and pretty color combination! I like how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! I always love the looks you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! you are so very talented blix!
    Maricela
    vividfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your eye makeup! Really great detailed instructions too :)
    xxx

    http://belledebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color combo! I usually start off with grey but then spell check tells me it's wrong so I change it to gray. It's like the whole blonde/blond thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I follow on Bloglovin and saw the title. I'm like 'orange, green and purple, ewww' But then I saw the pic. How do you do it?!?! It looks freakin' amazing! Also, because of you I went and bought some liquid liner so I can one day do a cat eye as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooo that's so pretty and autumny! Me likes it! I say Grey yo. And colour and flavour and neighbour and all that jazz. My computer tells me I'm spelling it wrong of course lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really neat look. I forgot how pretty seed pearl was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very beautiful and unique look! I like how you put the green on the inner half. I would've switched Tigrilla and Cricket around and then I would've had a boring look, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that little pop of chartreuse! And I use Grey :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous look, I really like the bright lid colours against the deep purple.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW i wish i could do my make up like that!
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't really have a plan with this look. I just grabbed stuff from the L' Orchidee collection and it turned out nicely I think. :-)
    I think purple and green look nice together, purple and orange are fun together, so why not orange, green and purple?! Hee hee it worked out.
    Liquid liner is the breast! XD
    Thanks sweet gals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very stunning & unsual eye look you have there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete