Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gold, Green, Turquoise & Blue look with 88 Shimmer Palette

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been absent. I was gone over the weekend camping again. I have some fun pictures and a video from the trip. But that will be posted at a later time. :-)  Oh, and I have a mean bug bite on my neck line...it looks like a hickey but I swear it's not! It's several days old and still feels awful. So I didn't wear a necklace as I didn't want to irritate it even more. I made zee earrings though.

I decided to play with my shimmer palette because I really like it but often forget about it. I really like it because you can layer and layer the colours. That's not always so easy with mineral shadows.
To show you what was used, I'm just going to add a picture of the palette and list which ones from what rows at the bottom (starting from left to right, then down).


I used these:
#1. Row 1, Down 2
#2. Row 3, Down 2
#3. Row 4, Down 3
#4. Row 4, Down 8
#5. Row 6, Down 5
#6. Row 6, Down 7

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
88 shimmer - #4 (applied to outer V, crease and outer half of  upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping) 
88 shimmer - #6 (applied to outer crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
88 shimmer - #5 (applied to inner half of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
88 shimmer - #3 (applied to inner half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping) 
88 shimmer - #2 (applied to inner V with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
88 shimmer - #1 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Deviant (applied to outer half of lower lash line extending outward along with black liner)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in White (applied to water line with MAC 210)

Ardell 118 lashes

Lips: My Stuff (some lipgloss I made with glitter!)

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with Jumbo buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Finishing Powder in Parfait  (applied with Jumbo Flat Top brush)
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small blush brush)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I will have to play catch on your blogs this week. :-)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and shimmery :)
    Love it ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combo! And I'm still in awe of how you can line your eyes so perfectly. I've watched your tutorial vid hundreds of times but my wrinkly lids won't cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the look :) absolutely gorgeous and this palette looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look and it looks so perfectly applied. No flaw at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That palette looks awesome and love the make up look, great colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely look, really pretty and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is GORGEOUS!
    I love the combo of colors you used. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see what you mean about the layering. Looks so amazing. And I love the blue under your eyes!

    I've been wanting this palette for ages but I can only get it off eBay and I'm a little worried about fakes, or it getting damaged in the post, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous look :)I love all the colors you used here and I'm sorry to hear about the bite that looked like a hickey lol

    I'm out of my skin md face lotion :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blue/teal! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I need to use my shimmer palette more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful look! This really brings out your eyes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh this is so pretty. Your eyeliner is always so perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! it is very shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a coinkydink, I picked up my 88 shimmer palette for the first time in ages today too :D

    Also: damn you and your perfect application! I do not approve :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy bugger I think I missed this one, SO COOL WOMAN! That liner is amazing! I've been botching mine up lately so I have liner envy lol

    ReplyDelete