Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pink & Purple look with Morgana Minerals + Club pics

We normally don't go out dancing on a Tuesday night but Jason was DJing so we went. I danced a lot by myself which I'm OK with as it gives me lotsa elbow room to dance like Crutch Lady. Just kidding! I do get more into it with less people around because I don't have to worry about hitting someone. I know most people are the opposite, no one likes to dance alone or have more attention aimed at themselves. I dance for me and me only, so I don't care if I'm totally the only person getting down.

I did side swept bangs and a poneytail and made the bangs REALLY smooth. Maybe too smooth as it looked fake even though it's all my hair. Jacob (the other DJ) said I looked like I was wearing a cap made of hair. I said, "No! It's helmet hair!" Hee hee. I did another OCC lip tar mixture, this time making it more purple to go with my hair flower. My hubby didn't like it. He likes deep, dark red lipstick and he doesn't care for pinks or purples. Whatever! I'll wear what I want. :-P

I made the jewelry (steampunk necklace, earrings and hair clips). Hair flower is from http://hairflowers.net/


Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger) 
Morgana - #5 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward)
Morgana - #8 (applied to outer 2/3 of of lid, crease and lower lash line with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Morgana - #10 (applied to inner V with MAC 228 by patting and sweeping outward) 
Morgana - #5 (applied to tear duct with MAC 28 by patting) 
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in White (applied to water line with MAC 210)
CoverGirl Volume exact mascara in Very Black (lower lashes)
Ardell Lashes #113

Lips: Avon Plump Pout lipgloss in nude pout
OCC lip tar mixture of Demure, NSFW and more of RX to make a dark purple

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
AL Viole' Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with a flat top buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
 
Some club pics...
Me and Jason

My sweetness!

moi

moi with no flash

Jacob DJing (some sort of Betty Page movie was playing on the projector screen)

Jason and Sarah chatting in the DJ booth

They posed for me. :-)

Oh crap! Who let this crazy person on the dance floor?!

Weee!

I look like a hula dancer. Apparently my chaotic dancing cleared the floor!

This last picture I am posting because this was taken this morning when I got up. It shows how well the OCC lip tars stay. Pretty good for going through a turkey sandwich, two cocktails and sleeping!

If anyone is interested here's my outfit info:
Military Tube top (I'm wearing a halter style bra with it) is from bodyc.com
Pencil Skirt: I made it!

We've been so busy I haven't even been able to exercise or read your blogs! I feel bad! I will try to read/comment on some of your bloggies today. I will make myself workout tonight too. :-)

~BLIX

29 comments:

  1. That look is gorgeous! And I absolutely adore your jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look stunning and love those photos you put here :) i really enjoy looking at them :) feels like i am there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love your jewelery :) Great job on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colour combo for your eyes and occ lip tars look amazing! i haven't tried and if they last that long i definitely want some :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a beautiful lady! I love your individual style! I can't believe your lip tar stayed like that thru sleeping! Amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that lip tar stayed well.... you look beautiful in those pics! love the flower in your hair and the necklace!
    Maricela
    vividfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your look is awesome! That lip tar must stick like tar because it looks great, even the dreaded day after. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your makeup looks great, love the deep purple. Mamazing your lip wore that well, but it's bad to wear all your makeup to bed :0 lol

    LOL to clearing the dance floor comment.

    makeuponmind.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so much awesomeness, where to begin! :P I love this makeup look, especially the lips again! Obviously, I need some liptars. The jewelry is epic (no surprise there), and the pencil skirt? You made that, too? Is there anything you can't do well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! Your bangs look super cute that way! It totally frames your face :)
    Love the makeup too; it almost feels noir with a modern twist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey doll! Love your pics they look great!!! your makeup is amazing, consider my a follower! I cant wait to see what you post next.

    you are welcome to follow me too, i am a makeup and craft junkie, and love to do give aways, im trying really hard to get my name out there and get some kind of exposure.
    Thank you for your time and support.
    Teresa

    http://teresaellis.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TeresaEllis

    ReplyDelete
  12. very elegant look, love it.
    did i mentioned that you are incredibly beautyful? ^^

    and thanks btw for the links - i think i neeed the tube top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outfit is stunning! Just keep on dancing! /Glytten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You look breathtaking! These colors suit you very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teehee, my boyfriend saw this post and was like, 'is that her hair?' :P Love the OCC mix again x

    ReplyDelete
  16. NICE boot!!! once again great EOTD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! I haven't exactly been keeping up well either LOL. Probably b/c i've been so busy! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  18. that jewelry is sick and you are BEAUTIFUL. love this blog.

    i recently started my own beauty blog and would love any tips or advice. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad I found your blog, your looks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You looks are so stunning and gorgeous.. my god..

    ReplyDelete
  21. You rock, girl! Loving the fierce lip color on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all those colours and they come togther for a really beautiful look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your husband is a silly rabbit, because that lip colour is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks! Yep, was a fun night. The skirt was pretty easy to make, but my sewing machine can be quite evil at times and not allow me to sew very well. It cooperated that time!

    I'm really loving the lip tars. Took me a long time to order them because of bad CS stuff I heard. But I had no problems and got my order right away!

    ReplyDelete