Sparkle Addicts

Friday, September 17, 2010

Green, Teal and Olive + Glitter makeup look

Holy dog ass batman! This look was so perfect! Then the NYX glitter cream totally made it crease. :-(  So even though it creased like mad, I'm posting the look anyway. So I won't be using the NYX glitter cream on my upper lids again. It worked really well on the inner lower corner though. Will try above the crease next time and maybe on top of liner. You never know how something will turn out until you do it! Now I know...
The eyeshadow I'm using is a brand that was selling on eBay but died a couple years ago, I think. These are totally repackaged pigments. I bought these MANY years ago before I was aware of such a thing. But I still love the colours. :-)
I made zee feather clip and earrings...wow check out that peach fuzz! Flash from cameras are evil with fuzziness. Makes it look so much worse! Yeah I'mah herry beast woman! Hee hee.

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (applied all around the eye rubbing in gently with ring finger) 
Viola Minerals - Charcoal Green (applied to inner half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Viola Minerals - Smokey Teal (applied to outer half of lid and crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Viola Minerals - Sage (applied to lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping and blending into the crease, on top of Smokey Teal)
Viola Minerals - Pearly White (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending)
Viola Minerals - Pearly White (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
NYX Glitter Cream Ocean Breeze palette - the teal on the far right (applied to outer half of upper lid by lightly dabbing/pressing it on with the sponge tip applicator)
NYX Glitter Cream Royal Violets palette - the only gold one in the palette (applied to inner lower corner by lightly dabbing/pressing it on with the sponge tip applicator)
Kryolan HD Cream Liner - Ebony (applied with MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Flipside (water line)
CoverGirl Volume exact mascara in Very Black (lower lashes)

Red Cherry lashes #43

Lips: My Stuff - some sort of lipgloss I made with gold glitter

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Joelle Cosmetics Organic Sheer Liquid Mineral Foundation - Light (applied with a liquid foundation brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Corset (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)

17 comments:

  1. The fascinator in your hair is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that greenish gold on the lower lashline. I know what you mean about the glitter cream. Does it to me too, which sucks cause it's sooo pretty. That gloss if gorgeous! Simple but it makes your lips look great. That clip is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    And I just love that feather clip, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clip, the earrings, the smoky teal. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is perfect with the peacock clip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The looks is beautiful! And so is the feather clip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! And I loooove that clip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the downside to the NYX glitter creams. They are great when they work, but immediately slip around. I had to use a fixative (Model in a Bottle) and some powder to keep them from sliding but they still did....I think your method of glitters only (without the cream base) is best. I love the feather/bang thing going here- it's so speakeasy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a forest nymph look and if that glitter would have behaved... >:(

    The earrings, lovely. The headband, lovely. Total look--HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! But green is my favorite color, so I'm a little biased!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the NYX glitter cream in a bottle, or in a palette of 5? That sucks that it made the look crease but I still think it's really pretty :) especially the lower lashline and waterline

    ReplyDelete
  12. if this is the makeup you had on the other night, i could see it in the dark when you handed me my glasses!! also, i had a feeling that glitter cream would crease! i used a loreal eyeshadow cream ONCE when i was in 6th grade and decided to never use anything remotely creamy on my eyes again =(

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the colour combo and I adore the hairpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great as usual! Question: How long does it take you to apply your makeup on daily? Also, what do you use on your brows?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty. I'm loving greens on my eyes at the moment.
    Thank you for such a thorough post :)

    http://scarletthearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I really need to get myself more glitter!

    ReplyDelete