Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Light Blue & Purple + Glitter look with Aromaleigh Lost in Faerie

So I haven't tried the new Aromaleigh collections even though I have had them for a while.  I got my last trade order from Aromaleigh and I think I just felt overwhelmed with how much stuff there was that I didn't go through and look at everything.  Because once I get into it, I'd be playing and swatching the shadows for hours and I don't really have time to do that. So I decided to go through one collection at a time.
 It sounds stupid to be overwhelmed with makeup but it's kinda like when you have sooo many shoes that you can't decide which pair to wear with an outfit. Yep, it's like that. So one collection at a time seems to be easier. :-)

This is my first look with the Lost in Faerie shadows. I was thinking it made me look like a faerie, like a fantasy sort of look.  But my husband probably gave me the best compliment ever on my makeup. He got home from work and called me "pretty sparkly girl". Then he said my eyes looked like pretty fish, the glitter looked like shimmery fish scales. He is an art nerd so I think that's why he appreciates my makeup looks...even though sometimes he hates some colours on me. Hee hee.

Also, the NYX candy glitter liner works very well as a base for loose glitter. So if anyone wants to try glitter looks, the candy glitter liner is a cheap and good quality base for covering your whole eye area (it does not crease!) or using it as a liner on top of your liner (better than using it alone as you have something to follow) and pack more loose glitter on top to make some really sparkly liner. Really, this stuff is multi-functional and awesome.

This look really is so much more pretty in person. I wish cameras could capture it but you know what it's like. Meh!
Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Cottage Cheese (applied under brow and blended in gently with ring finger)
Kryolan Shimmering Vision Palette - 682 which is sky blue (applied all around the eye rubbing in gently with ring finger) 
AL - elysia (applied to inner half of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
AL - emerenta (applied to outer half of lid, V and crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
AL - naida (applied to lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
AL - rosina (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
Simply Natural's - Flesh (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending)
NYX Candy Glitter Liner - Lavender (applied on top of emerenta, using the liner wand and swiping it on)
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line and extending out)
Kryolan Shimmering Vision Palette - 099 which is dark purple (water line)
CoverGirl Volume exact mascara in Very Black
I took some unlabeled lashes and cut them to use as half lashes. They worked OK I think.
 
Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)
 
Lips: NYX mega shine lipgloss in Tea Rose

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush) 
mark. shimmer powder (applied to cheeks, chin and nose with a small powder brush)

15 comments:

  1. LOve this combo!! that light blue is soo pretty and ethereal looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as usual!! Love your color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you use these colors on me one day? they look magical for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of using glitter liner as a base... you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a faerie :-) , colors are looking great on you ! And yes ... i know the feeling "to be overwhelmed with make up" ...!! I've got so many shadows , for a 10.000 years i think ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I know what you mean! Sometimes I look at everything I have and I'm like "Which purple do I use today?" I love the silver eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like the eye shape is bit different than what you normally do; it looks great!
    You look very fresh and pretty!

    And of course, I REALLY LOVE the way you've been wearing your hair lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that Elysia color on the inner corners is so dreamy and glowy!! I love the strategically placed glitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks is stunning. I can see what your husband meant about the pretty fish. Great job capturing the SPARKLE in that last shot. Wants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! It does kind of look like fish scales :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I wore Meow's Spell my mister said "it looks like a fish" and he totally said it in a negative tone lol. Your mister is much more appreciative! :D
    I like the glitter you put on top the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty candy-ish look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how triangular and straight the crease is :) looks cooooooooooool dude

    ReplyDelete