Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Exercise for 9-7-10 My own routine

Since we have not had time to workout for the past week (omg!), we made ourselves workout last night. Instead of doing a video, Jason did his own thing and I did my own thing using just my stability ball and a medium intensity resistance tube (long stretchy tube type thingy!).
With the tube I did traditional bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions, side lateral raises, dead rows, dead lifts, squats, static lunges, chest presses and chest flies. What I like about the tube is you can make the workout as hard or as easy as you'd like by adjusting how much tubing you grab or slack on. I tried to grab as much tubing as I could. Some things were much harder with the tube than using free weights. I don't think I expected that but it was because I made sure I grabbed the tube so it was shorter and harder. Wow that sounds weird.


For the stability ball, I did core work, inner thigh squeezes, frog legs and some other random butt/thigh exercises...I'm not sure what they are called but holy moley they work for me. My hamstrings and butt are always sore when I do them.

I also did standard push-ups. 

I don't really keep track of how many reps I do when I do my own routine. I basically keep working on a muscle group until I have exhausted it. Which is what gets results for me.  My workout ended up being about an hour and I can feel that I worked out, but I have a feeling I'll be more sore later today. *cries*

~BLIX

1 comment:

  1. Resistance bands are deceptively hard! The first time I ever tried them I was like eh these won't be too bad. I could hardly move the next day, ha!

    I started back up on P90X and I'm almost a month in. You have the option of using bands for the majority of the strength workouts and it's so hard. I usually just use free weights because the bands are so hard!

    ReplyDelete