Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Lipcolor and Stargazer Glitter Lipstick

So I got this Revlon lipcolor in Superb Sangria because I tend to eat the heck outta my lipstick and it wears off no matter what I'm doing. I don't mind touching up, but I would like at least one lipstick I don't have to touch up AT ALL if I'm out dancing, where the last thing on my mind is seeing if my makeup is still OK. I am a makeup whore but I tend to use the bathroom, wash my hands and not even bother to look in the mirror...and I have no idea why. I could have my skirt tucked into my pantyhose and wouldn't know unless someone told me!
Anyway, while this lipstick does last, it's not very moisturizing and I don't care for the colour too much on me. It takes a while to dry and it's rather sticky until it does, although it is smooth. I did a before and after photo. The before is of  Revlon's lipcolor alone, and the after photo is with Stargazer red glitter lipstick on top. The red glitter lipstick is a clear sort of waxy lipstick with red glitter in it. Not something that looks good by itself IMO.

 
 

Not sure how I feel about either looks

What do you think? Have you tried either of these products?

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...I'm not sure I like this color, honestly. It looks better with the glitter on top, but I don't like it as much as other lip colors I've seen on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Dorothy's Red slippers! x :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think either look works well on you and almost all looks do cause you rock just that much! the second look looks like a bunch of red chucnks came out of the lipstick on to your lips. and the first one the color is just off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Kate,
    Thanks and I agree. It's probably better to stick with what I've already been using, that I know looks good on me.

    VampiressDoll,
    I love sparkly lipstuff but I don't think this is the look I'm aiming for. Would love something that really looked like ruby slippers!

    ZombieKitten,
    Agreed. And thank you! Just trying to find some way to make these both wearable but I think the colour is just not working out on me. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it in Top Tomato and it works beautifully

    ReplyDelete