Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Seafoam, Purple & Pink Cut Crease Makeup look with 88 Shimmer Palette

I figured I'd use my 88 shimmer palette as it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. :-) I also don't do cut creases that much so I figured I would do that.  I figured out how to do a cut crease on accident a couple years ago and it's pretty easy to do. If you have never tried it before, DO IT!

My face broke out...not sure why but rather than try to photoshop out the booboos, like some people would prefer, I left them in to show that I don't always have the best skin. I do get a lot of compliments on my skin and I am damn proud of it because I used to be a pizza face. I'm not even joking. My skin was so bad over a year ago I hated leaving the house...even if it was just to get the mail. I do have some pictures from that time period, it is hard for me to look at them. If anyone is really interested in seeing them, I might post them and share what products I use now and what I do with my skin to keep it clear and healthy.
While I'm still not quite used to having almost flawless skin, I still get giggly when I do get zits cuz I'm like, "wow, I actually have a zit. Lookit!".  The one on my forehead above my left brow is huge and painful, even tho it doesn't look that bad in the pics. It IS. I tried to kill it last night but...I think it's not dead yet if you know what I mean.
I'll probably get comments saying, "oh that's not that bad" or "EW you should cover those things up!".  Heh heh! 
I also get people telling me NOT to pop zits. Yeah I know this and I normally just let them go away on their own. However, at the point where I can feel my pulse throbbing in one and it's asking me to play cards with it...I'm gonna kill it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

88 shimmer palette

I used:
1a
2a
4e
8h
8f
5h

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (applied to lower lash line and upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger)
88 Shimmer Palette - 1a (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward) 
88 Shimmer Palette - 4e (applied to upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping upward)
88 Shimmer Palette - 8h (applied to outer V and crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping upward and outward)
88 Shimmer Palette - 8f (applied lightly on top of 8h to outer V and crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping upward and outward)
88 Shimmer Palette - 5h (applied to lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
88 Shimmer Palette - 2a (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
Kryolan Aqua color Liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line extending outward)
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: spf 15 chapstick

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
Joelle Cosmetics - Rose Glow Radiance (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)

18 comments:

  1. That is so pretty!! :-)How do you "cut crease"? That looks awesome! :-)I think you should make tutorials hehe! :-) and actually show me how you apply your makeup! This is awesome!

    I rarely cover zits I find it makes it so much worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I've tried to do a cut crease look before but mine never look so crisp and perfectly rounded as yours! Any secrets to share? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really LOVE to know what you used! I also have some burn scars on my face so I know my skin will honestly never be that nice, but acne just plain pisses me off, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look turned out really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. had to post...seriously, what zits? I see no zits...I think I get all of your's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, my face is breaking out like crazy too! I know I'm not supposed to pick but I still do. :(

    I do a mint julep clay mask to help soothe it after I pick at my face. xD

    I love the look though and your skin doesn't look that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwh this is so soft and sweet for a cut crease :)

    And pfft, my pimples are huge and cystic :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the minty-green with the purple crease and I am intensely jealous of your eyelashes.

    The blemish talk is funny because I totally have adult acne and know what you mean about those evil monster zits. I had mostly clear skin for the past year up until about a month ago. Then my face went all "Evil Dead" on me D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hear ya on being pizza face! i was the same! I have recently not been touching up my photos when i break out..... kudos for your for showing them... hope it clears up... .you should try tanda! it helped me!
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... VividFusionBlog ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    VividFusion on Youtube
    VividFusion on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous look, I love the colors you've used! I just ordered this palette so I can give it a try myself (but fail miserably..) And I'm a zit killer, too. I can't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of your pizza face at all! Lately my skin, especially the right side of my face, has been erupting with zits even when I wear acne treatments morning, afternoon, & night, rarely touch my face, and clean my face at least 3x a day. It probably has a lot to do with final exam week and like most women, nightmarish acne eruptions are just another part of PMS for me but I'm getting more cystic acne now in my early 20's than I ever had as a teen, so it urks me to see my teenaged cousins with clearer complexions than I have :/ I'd LOVE to see a post that describes how you've accomplished preventing and treating adult acne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, it's so soft and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been lurking around for a while and I must tell you - all of your looks are stunning!

    You truly inspire me to think about makeup and what beautiful things we can make with it :) .

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have our palettes labeled exactly the same way :) I'm definitely going to try this look out. I've really been enjoying looking through your blog!

    ReplyDelete