Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Green, Brown and Plum Makeup look with Cool Shimmer 88 Palette

This is the first look I have done with this palette and I'm already totally in love with it. I didn't realize until today that it has a few duo-chrome shades that are so gorgeous! So while my intention was to create a gold and purple look, this browny/purply colour with green highlight (it's number 32 on the colour chart I made) caught my eye. So much so that I forgot my normal application routine and just started putting it on my lid...then realized I didn't put the highlight under my brow first. Oops!

Here's the look. It's more simple than I normally prefer, but it is much more pretty in person.  Looks similar to the look I wore on Christmas Eve. But it's not the same.
 Yes, I'm a dork and wear clothes with my name on them. :-) The shirt is Emily Strange BTW.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Cool Shimmer 88 Palette Chart (I made this!)
 
Eyes:
Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eyes patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger)
Cool Palette - 1 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward) 
Cool Palette - 32 (applied to upper lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 12 (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
Cool Palette - 28 (applied to inner half of lower lash line with MAC 266)
Cool Palette - 38 (applied to outer V with MAC 217 by patting then sweeping inward on the crease)
Kryolan Aqua Color liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line)
NYX Jumbo Pencil - white (applied to water line using MAC 210)
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: mark. lipgloss in sun luxe

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)  
 

13 comments:

  1. holy cow! Whoever said neutral looks couldn't pop? This looks amazing, and so soft too. I really love the color in the center that has the golden-ey shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretteh pretteh!
    Have you used the crazy green #84 yet? That one looks luverly :D
    I still need to grab me some palettes. It seems like there is always a new one popping up and I feel behind I have yet to own just 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous duochrome! This palette is looking better and better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling over the duochrome goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Emily Strange shirt! I have way to much emily stuff, but I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love greens and this mix with brown is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fact that you took the time out to number them for us, you get a A+
    I love this look. I love the hint of #28 gives on this look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love love love love this tutorial...gr88!!
    my recent post 15-seemingly-not-so-serious-bloopers

    ReplyDelete
  9. That duochrome is haunting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spank you all! :-P I haven't used #84 yet but it's such a vibrant golden acid green, I'll have to use it soon!
    The palette really is a good deal so I would suggest anyone to buy it!

    I have too much Emily Strange Stuff too. My name is Emily so people feel the need to get me ES stuff for xmas and my bday. I have socks, undies, jammies, shirts, perfume, candles, bath stuff, a purse and a fleece hooded jacket with horns that I'm wearing right now. :-) So warm and comfy. :-D

    ReplyDelete