Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gold, Orange and Plum Fall Makeup look with Morgana Cryptoria

The past few days I've done a few makeup looks but didn't get pictures of them. I've been too busy dang it!

Here's a look I've been wanting to do for a while and finally did today. I have been loving orange lately.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 another lippy I made

 
 
 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (applied to lower lash line and upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (applied all around the eyes patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger)
Morgana - LE #5 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward)
Morgana - Golden Peach (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
Morgana - Drafty Castle (applied to middle of crease, lid and lower lash line with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Morgana - Lady Godiva (applied to outer V with MAC 217 by patting then sweeping inward on the crease)
NYX Candy Glitter Liner - Tangerine (applied to lower inner corners)
Kryolan Aqua Color liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line extending outward)
Ardell 111 lashes

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: My Stuff

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Corset (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush) 

This is my super betch face. We've all done it and have seen others do it. Perhaps quite differently. I have people tell me all the time that I look like Snow White's Evil Queen. So I mustered up a "look" to compare. 

I can see it in the eyes I guess. I would say I don't mind looking like her. I thought she was amazing when I was a kid!
What do you think? Do I look like the Evil Queen?

I was also told I look like Queen Narissa:
I didn't know this character so I had to look her up. I guess all Disney evil female villains are hot, have big eyes and evil eyebrows. Maybe I have the evil eye thing going on...but the eyebrows for sure, I think.

Just wanted to add that this makeup look was NOT inspired by Disney villains. The comparison is based on my actual facial features, not the makeup. :-D  Just in case anyone is confused.

20 comments:

  1. That lip colour is hawt! Lol the evil queen is sexy so thats a compliment definately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this! I've been dying for oranges to do this, I'm just waiting for my ebay purchases to show up. I will for sure be copying this look! Great job doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing lip/eye combo. I think you pull of orange very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG....the eye make up is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was scrolling down the screen, I saw your "bitch face" and IMMEDIATELY thought how much that expression reminded me of Maleficient. Especially with that pretty lippie. I laughed when I read the rest of your post, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you all have the eyebrows going on ;]

    You're totally rocking the oranges, lady! Lahhhve these ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. God you look so pretty :) absolutely love the look ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Blix, I found you about two weeks ago and now you are my crack! Perhaps the brows are a little evil queen but the whole look is much hotter, rrrrr :) Drafty Castle is really pretty. I ordered a sampler from Morgana, I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try my own evil queen look......

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have same look like the Evil queen <3 I hope my eye would get better soon, I want to make some new makeup styles tooo.. damn. Why you are always so pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooooooooow you've got soooooooo beautiful eyes! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats all you use on your face? Powder and moisturizer?! I am seriously jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous look! I do think you look like the Evil Queen, and to an extent like Queen Narissa: you're right, it's the big beautiful eyes with the perfectly arched eyebrows (like the Golden Ratio mask). I've been told I look like a "Manga babe"(!) and I was so flattered - cartoons are essentially perfect so I think it's a huge compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah, I definitely see the resemblance, although the Wicked Queen scared me...I often thought she was bald, and that was why she was so mean.
    You're prettier than her though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always preferred the villianess to the heroins in disney! Malificent being my favourite lol

    Got to ask, do you use a stencil to get your eyebrows so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks ladies! Mmmmm...Oooooraaaaange...

    I don't use a stencil for my eyebrows. I trim and pluck my brows really short, but still try to follow their natural shape. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shading looks so awesome in your crease. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I can't find an email for you so... here's the link - http://highheelsandsparkles.blogspot.com/2010/12/link-love.html

    some link love for you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is your eyebrows that look similar. But your face isn't sinister as the evil women in Disney.

    When warm yellows and oranges are used in an eye look, I instantly think about an Arabian look. I was able to master it early last summer and loved it! Your lip color is yummy. :)

    I'm going to be in Denver this coming week, visiting my brother and his family. It would be cool to meet up with you. But I'm going to be south in Castle Rock. I'm wishing for some snow on the ground. :D

    ReplyDelete