Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gold, Orange and Purple look using Hi-Fi Cosmetics

I've been working on some butterfly feather hair clippies to put in my etsy store. I'm wearing a couple of them. They are so cute. :-)




Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye area and rubbed in with ring finger)
Hi-Fi - Decadence (inner corner, applied with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Hi-Fi - Mind Manipulator (middle of upper and lower lid, applied with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Hi-Fi- Live Large (V, crease and lower lash line, applied with with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and blending a lot)
Simply Natural's - Flesh (inner corner and under brow using MAC 217 and blending/softening the edges)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Lust (waterline)
Mehron purple from the tropical palette (applied wet with MAC 210 to upper lash line extending out)
LAsplash  mascara in purple tide
NYX Round lipgloss in Wild Orchid

Jane Cosmetics Nearly Foundation SPF 30 in Fair (applied with fingertips)
Earth-Glo Minerals powder foundation in lightest nude (applied with kabuki brush)
TKB - Sparkle Rose applied on cheeks and nose (with an angled blush brush)


  1. Wow! What an awesome look! Pretty butterflies!

  2. Oh you look like a faerie! I love this look, bold colors look amazing on you!

  3. Beautiful colors and great application!

  4. Wow that's such a bright happy look. LOVE the color choices, and the butterflies in your hair. Very very pretty!

  5. This makes me think of summer... *sigh* I hate snow. This look is perfect for boring winter! Live Large is a color I ordered, I hope my package gets here soon! Oh yes, and I totally want those butterflies! I love wearing big flowers and such in my hair. :)

  6. So pretty!! I made a bunch of those butterfly clips as well! I have a few of those HUGE ones too, but now that my hair is short, they are a bit "too much".

    Okay, so Mind Manipulator is amazing. I must get it! I can't believe I don't have it yet...or do I? Damn it. THIS is why I have a (poorly updated) Excel spreadsheet.

  7. You always look so elegant! The butterflies are gorgeous.

  8. Hello! I love your looks, especially this one! Purple and orange is my favorite color combo.. very beautifully done. ^^

  9. woopsie my comment disapeared!

    I really like this look but haven't stuck purple with orange yet. I get afraid it'll be blended to a brown :D

  10. I LOVE the look you did! It's so pretty and bright.

  11. Melissa - Morgana Minerals,
    Thank you!

    Evil Angel,
    Oh thank you! I should go play in an enchanted forest. :-)

    Thanks :-D

    Thank you! I needed to do something bright and pretty.

    Me too! I love wearing little bows, flowers and sparkly things in my hair. I'll have some butterflies posted in my etsy store by this weekend. Woot!
    And I was tired of doing fall/evening looks. Needed something bright today. Can't wait for summer.

    Lisa Kate,
    Yeah, Big butterflies aren't the same with shorter hair. They seem to take over! I made some large ones too. They look so huge compared to the smaller cute ones.

    OMG! If you don't have it, you need to get it! Such a lovely bold orange. *drool*

    Aw, thank you!

    I'm glad you like it. :-)

    You should try it. Won't turn into brown! I promise! :-)

    Thank you, I like the way it turned out.

  12. This is a gorgeous look on you & the lips coordinate so well. Your color choices are perfect!

  13. GORGEOUS! You wear those colors so well. Wow :D

  14. This look is so beautiful! Your lashes are amazingly long too xxx

  15. Marcey,
    Thank you! I try!

    Aw, thanks! I usually wear these type of colours in the summer but I needed a break from the fall/winter/holiday looks.

    Thank you! I know, everyone keeps telling me that! :-)