Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bright Blue and Maroon look using Morgana Minerals Pirate Collection

I normally wouldn't put bright blue with maroon, but since Marooned has blue sparkles in it, I thought it might be something worth trying with Walk the Plank. It turned out a bit darker and smokier than I had in mind but I think it turned out well anyway. I balanced the darkness of the eyes out by using a bright red lipgloss. I hope you like it. :-)




Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all over upper/lower lid and blending in with ring finger)
Morgana Minerals - Walk the Plank (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Morgana Minerals - Marooned (applied to outer half of lid, crease and lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping and blending inward with the blue)
Simply Natural's - Flesh (inner corner and under brow using MAC 217 and blending/softening the edges)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner - Zero (upper lash line)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner - Electric (water line)
Eyeko mascara in black (upper lashes only)

NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Burgundy

Jane Cosmetics Nearly Foundation SPF 30 in Fair (applied with fingertips)
Morgana Minerals Blue Foundation (applied with a large powder brush)
Simply Natural's powder foundation in Enchanted Dawn (applied as bronzer to cheeks, nose, forehead and chin with an angled blush brush)


  1. Beautiful! I wish those UD liners would last on my waterline. They have such nice colors, and pencils are so convenient.

  2. What a cool combo! It reminds me of aromaleighs coco mauve but with blue instead of green

  3. That looks really awesome! I bet that a nude or gold shimmer lip would work really well with it, too.

  4. Bebo,
    They don't?! They last fairly well on mine. I just recently started using them and I love 'em!

    I have that colour! I need to use it...I'm so behind on colours to try.

    Oooh! I should have gone with what you suggested...a more simple lippy would have been better, I think. Thank you!

  5. Such a gorgeous colour combination!!a very very pretty look! xoxo

  6. I like this unusual color combo... every time I see your liner I'm like ugg I bet it's Urban Decay which I really want... yep. :P I think I got both these colors when I ordered a little while ago, I'm excited now!

    The mascara is Eyeko, do you have anything else of theirs? I'd like to try them, but not unless I see a good review! ;]

  7. The Beautifier,
    Thank you!

    Hee hee. I got the 24/7 eyeliner stash for xmas so I've been using it. I have only tried Eyeko's mascara. Never used their other products.