Sparkle Addicts

Friday, January 13, 2012

Gold and Purple Makeup look with 88 Cool Shimmer palette

I was one of those weird makeup ruts. Most of the time I don't have a plan when I start doing my makeup, I just think of a colour I'm in the mood for, grab a shadow in that shade and then randomly go from there.  So while my looks seem very well put together, like I put a lot of thought into them, I just sort of let my first thoughts and instincts take over.  So as I said, it's very random.  Most of the time that works for me but sometimes...it doesn't.  Palettes work during these rare makeup rut days because all the shadows are in one place and it's easier to pick something out. That's how this look was created. Not bad for being in a rut I guess. *shrugs*

 
 
 
 
 

 

Chart I made for the Cool Shimmer palette

Eyes:
Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Detrivore Eye Primer - original (applied all around the eye, blending in gently with ring finger)
elf - innocent (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward)
Cool Shimmer Palette - 38 (applied to inner V and Outer V with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Shimmer Palette - 76 (applied to middle of lid, crease and lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting)
Cool Shimmer Palette - 82 (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
TKB - gold sparks (applied to middle of lid/crease by patting on with MAC 217)
Kryolan Aqua Color liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line winging outward)   
BH Cosmetics Gel Eye Liner - Onyx (water line)
Avon Super Shock Mascara - black (lower lashes)
Ardell lashes #113

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: mark. lipgloss - Super Hot (discontinued)

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion 
Sobe Powder foundation in Neutral Light
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied all over face with a large powder brush)
BH Cosmetics Contour Palette (brown to contour under cheek bones, peachy/pink as blush)

4 comments:

  1. It makes your eyes look bigger and brighter. Great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is really pretty! Looks nice to your skin tone (: And your lipstick is pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, love the purple with the gold. And your skin is so glowy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rut or not,I think you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete