Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Soft, Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup look

For me, romantic looks are very easy on the eyes, wearable by most and paired with warm, almost glowing skin. Looking romantic should look like you just had amazing sex IMO. :-D  I love wearing flowers in my hair as it adds an extra touch of femininity and is perfect for a romantic look.
Let me know if you would like to see a more dramatic Valentine's Day look.

In case anyone noticed and was wondering, I dyed my roots purple a few days ago. The rest of my hair is still black.
 
 
 
 

 

Cool Shimmer 88 Palette Chart (I made this!)
Eyes:
Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Cool Palette - 1 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward) 
Cool Palette - 14 (applied to crease with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 59 (applied to outer V with MAC 217 by patting then sweeping)
Cool Palette - 43 (applied to upper lid and inner V with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 38 (applied to upper and lower lash line with MAC 266 by patting, making it thicker towards to outer edge, then soften lightly with a blending brush)
Avon Ultra Luxury eye liner pencil in very black (applied to waterline, upper and lower lash line)
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Pink

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion mixed with AL powder foundation in 2CL (to make a liquid foundation)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL rocks! sonicrouge - sinisterrouge (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)  
mark. Shimmer Face and Body powder (applied lightly to cheeks, nose, chin and forehead with a soft powder brush)
 

33 comments:

  1. ridiculously pretty. i love this look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! Of course I think you should do a bolder look with the pink crack eyeshadow I loved so much. PS I need to know where you got that so I can order some of my own. I loved that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im absolutely in love. you are very talented and you have just gained a follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you look great in the usuals, but this look makes you look totally AMAZING! I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Look very Pretty!! This look is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple roots! The overall look is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow
    i really like ur blog!
    ur looks are awesome!
    and ure really pretty :P

    ♥ irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! Love your new roots too, I can't decide whether to go all purple or maybe even teal :s xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how pretty! Can I have your face?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this look, it is one of the best V-Day looks I've seen. Plus your roots are awesome and definitely compliment this look further.

    You're gorgeous, it makes me scream (not in envy, but more like pride strangely enough).
    xoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your eyes and bone structure <3

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the red in your eyes <3

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, you look amazing! I don't think I've seen you do your waterline in black before, it really transforms you! Your eyes can really carry it. Lovely! More, more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is honestly one of my favorite looks by you!!!! wow, you look spectacular, so romantic and sexy. bet your hubby LOVED that one ;) got the bedroom eyes going too, looks good

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your purple roots! How did you get them like that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!
    Have you dyed your hair purple?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so different with smudgy eyeliner instead of winged but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this look! So girly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my GOD, you look so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Breathtaking!!!

    I really appreciate your numbered palette, makes it much easier to see which shades you're using.

    Two thumbs up for the purple roots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The purple roots defiantly lift your hair nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such an adorable look , i love it and it's very lovely on you ! Yes i want to see a dramatic one !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the gold on the lid and the softer smudgey liner, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Flawless!


    http://www.francescaxdoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. delicate shades of you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look lovely, this is a soft and pretty look! And I like the purple roots, you can never go wrong with purple =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the peachy tone on the lid. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, thank you all! I've been dying my hair soft black for years and wanted to try something different. So I dyed my roots purple instead of black. You can't bleach black or dye over it, so that's why it turned out this way.

    Cosmetic Viking,
    No, you can't! I kinda need it. :-P

    ReplyDelete