Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Green, Teal, Blue & Purple Makeup look + Picture Tutorial

My Archetype cosmetics samples haven't been touched in a while so I figured I'd do a look with them, then decided to do a tutorial as well.

 
 
 
 


These lashes are fun but....the beads sort of bounce around when I blink so I kept thinking there was something moving out of the corner of my eye. So I'd turn to look, then quickly remembered, duh, it's just the lashes. :-)

Click below for the tutorial:


 Apply a very tiny amount of Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (or whatever anti-crease primer you like) to the upper lid with ring finger, let it set about 30 seconds. Then apply Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy  on top and the lower lash line using the ring finger as well.

 Take a brush like MAC 217 (or any shader/blender brush you like) and apply Archetype - Verr de Soie just below the eyebrow and blend downward into the crease.

 Take Urban Decay liner in Flipside and draw a wing starting at the outer part of the lower lash line. Doesn't have to be perfect, it will be covered up later. This is just to use as a guide.

 Take an angled shadow brush (or any shader/blender brush you like) and apply Archetype - Artemesia to the outer crease by patting.

  Take a brush like MAC 239 (or any shader brush you like) and apply Archetype - Midnight Aeval  to the outer 1/3 of lid by patting and sweeping into Artemesia.

 Take a brush like MAC 239 (or any shader brush you like) and apply Archetype - Daybreak Aeval to the middle area of the lid by patting and sweeping outward.

 Take a brush like MAC 239 (or any shader brush you like) and apply Archetype - Ophelia's Tears to the inner 1/3 of the lid by patting then sweeping outward.

 Take a brush like MAC 266 (or any thin, flat brush you like) and apply Archetype - Midnight Aeval on top of flipside liner.

 Take a small brush like MAC 228 and apply Archetype - Artemesia to the lower lash line by patting.

 Take a small brush like MAC 228 and apply Archetype - Morning Star to the inner corner by patting.

 I softened the edges on the upper eye area a little more by using a blending brush in the side to side windshield wiper motion.

 Apply Collection 2000 Glam Crystal Dazzling Gel Liner in Rock Chick to upper lash line and wing out.

 Apply fun beaded lashes! Got mine here: Beaded False Lashes

Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in milk to the water line. Will make your eyes look bigger. 
Then to finish the look, apply your fav mascara. I used Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black  
 
Here's the rest of what is on my face:

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: My own mixture of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tar

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)

If you have any questions, please let me know!

~BLIX

27 comments:

  1. Really lovely look :) And the choker is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! That necklace is fab. Great tutorial too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great tutorial. May I ask which OCC tars you used?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another tutorial! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful look! I adore the black glitter liner and am digging the total appearance. great brows, too

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the little photo on my blogroll, I thought you had pierced your brow. lol However, you really do rock those fantasy lashes. I wouldn't have thought about the stones bobbing though. lol

    The mixture of these colors is beyond gorgeous! I think I need a notebook computer on the vanity to follow along so I can attempt to copy this look. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love this, just got some lashes like that so I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look and thank you for the tutorial! So definitely trying it at some point.
    P.S. Love the necklace, is that one that you made?
    xoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gasps* Stunning...Stunning and stunning! :O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lips, the lashes, the outfit, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So damn pretty <3 I want your necklace xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! You are an amazing artist!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is faboulos and oh so great..u r doing great eye make up nd great tutorials!! thnx a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful makeup!!! And I love your necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!! I love those lashes! I think they're fabulous! I love your tutorial too! You have the best makeup ever! I'm so glad I found your blog! Even though I've been following you for almost a year, you still blow me away everyday! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THIS!!!! Where do you get your jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This look is absolutely beautiful! You look stunning. Those lashes are cool! I love your lace cameo choker! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I decided to de-lurk today after having a few people ask me to make a blog. So, now that I've got an account, I might as well stop being a creeper and comment on your gorgeous looks! I love the cocktail of colors you've used in this look! They blend into one another so well. Those lashes add the perfect, delicate touch to the look, too (although, as you mention, I'd probably go crazy with something bouncing around in my line of vision!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This look is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you ladies! Glad you like the look. Yes, I made the necklace. :-)
    The OCC lip tars...not exactly sure which ones I used but it was a pink one and a wine colour...I think. I should have labeled all the ones I made, but I didn't. Dang it!


    Linnaeus Cosmetics,
    No need to be a creeper! I don't bite...hard. :-) Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete