Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Film Noir Makeup look with Morgana Cryptoria

This is a type of look that I LOVE doing. I always get compliments with this and I hear a lot that it looks very film noir even though that hasn't been my intention. We've all seen the romantic black and white movies where the main actress has dark, dreamy makeup that makes her eyes look HUGE. The way the movies are filmed also gives their face a moonlit glow that is hauntingly beautiful.
So if anyone likes this look and would like me to do a tutorial on how to do it, lemme know and I will try to bang one out this week. :-)


 I used photoshop to create the defused glow. It only effected my skin and whites of my eyes, not the makeup.

 I swear I hate the internet sometimes. This was the best picture I could find to describe the look I'm talking about and it's not quite it. *sigh*

 
 
 
 

 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied to upper eye area patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger)
Morgana - Snowsheen (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward)
Morgana - Stonekeep (applied to middle of upper lid with MAC 239 by patting, then middle of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting)
Morgana - Goblet (applied to outer V and crease with MAC 217 by lightly patting/blending, then applied to outer and inner 1/3 of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting)
Morgana - Charteuse (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
NYX Candy Glitter Liner - Lime (swiped onto inner corner) 
Kryolan Aqua Color liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line winging outward)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in White (applied to water line with MAC 210)
Ardell Lashes #113

Eyebrows: SMH - Cocoa (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Morgana Vegan Lipstick in Mistress
Clear lipgloss added on top for extra shine

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL you're a doll! gothic lolita rouge in Corset (applied to cheeks with a small blush brush) 
 

22 comments:

  1. It's so ethereal, please bang out the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I'd like a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *raises hand*
    I would like you to do a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMIGAH! You have no idea how much I love this look! I LOVE film Noir, my cousin and I were just talking about it a couple weeks ago because we felt we were the only ones who watch that genre nowadays. We were talking about how hilarious Old lace and Arsenic was haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the most gorgeous looks I've seen in a long time! All of the eye looks you put out are seriously awesome (I look forward to your posts and then sigh to myself that I'm not able to emulate them yet...) but there's something really special about this one. Superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Tutorial, please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely one of my all-time favorites from you. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! A tutorial would be a wonderful thing! I love this look so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a request - purple text on dark background is very tiring to my eyes - could it perhaps be white text on dark background?
    Thanks,
    Liis
    PS! Makeup is impressive too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! It makes your eyes look huge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love a tutorial for this. Lovely subtle colour combination... And I want some Morgana stuff so bad xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just the color placement and everything is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous! I would love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg it is beautiful!!!!!!!! I would love to see a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All right, you twisted my arm! Tutorial to come soon! :-)

    I may do a few variations on this look with tutorials, so you can see the different ways to do it and use different colours.

    LiisK,
    Text colour is changed. Better?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Much easier to read now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a lovely look!!! definitely need a tutorial !!

    ReplyDelete