Sparkle Addicts

Monday, January 4, 2010

Nude and Purple look using Aromaleigh Rocks!

This look didn't turn out the way I planned...at all. But here it is anyway along with another feather hair clip soon to be added to my etsy store.  This look is much more sparkly but doesn't show up in the pics very well. I guess not all looks can be perfect and turn out exactly the way we plan. I feel sort blah about how it looks. Meh!

 
 

Eyes:

 
 
 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer
Aromaleigh - brownsugar (inner corner to mid upper/lower lid, applied with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Aromaleigh - stillinhollywood (outer half of lid, applied with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Aromaleigh - blackangel (outer V and crease, applied with Coastal Scents pink crease brush and blending the edges with MAC 217)
Aromaleigh - whiteriot (inner corner to brow area, applied with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and blending the edges)
Medusa's Makeup - The Fix glitter base (using a very small amount, I lightly patted this on over the purple with my ring finger to make sure I don't smudge the eyeshadow)
Aromaleigh rocks! glitter - rapture (lightly dusted on top of the glitter fix with MAC 217)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Oil Slick

Eyeko mascara in black
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Corrupt (waterline)

Lips:
Avon glimmersticks lipliner in Rich Ginger
Avon Color Rich lipstick in Beige Shimmer

Face:
Jane AguaCeuticals Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 (applied with fingertips)
Simply Natural's Aloe Vera powder applied lighty all over face and neck with a large powder brush

I've seen tutorial videos of gals using eyelash glue to stick glitter on top of eyeshadow...I would not recommend that. You can use Medusa's The Fix or even use Vaseline and it works just fine. It's a lot easier to clean off than glue.

I also found Oil Slick to be annoying to use. The sparkles in it create a lot of drag which makes it more difficult to use. I'm used to using very smooth/wet liner. So the liner didn't turn out as smooth and sleek as it normally is for me. Oh well!

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I really like this on you, even if you don't :P That butterfly is super pretty as well!

    I agree about Oil Slick or, really, any 24/7 liner with sparkles in it. They just don't work as well.

    And...I really can't believe people would use lash glue on their lids to fix glitter! Aggghhh, such a horrible idea! Do they WANT wrinkles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg eyelash glue? D: Fail.

    I like that butterfly! It's my fav. :D

    This is pretty! If it makes you feel better, I always have days where nothing ever really turns out how I want. :( haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Kate,
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
    I was pretty annoyed using the liner. I had to keep running it back and forth to get it to work with me.

    I REALLY don't get the lash glue thing. I have seen very well known gals use it in videos. While I'm not dogging on them for that, it's just a really unnecessary thing to use when there are other things that work better, are easier to work with and wash off well. So why do they use glue??? Again, I don't get it!

    Julissa,
    Heh heh. Seriously! Just go look up "glitter look" on you tube and a lot will use eyelash glue to apply it. Just seems so messy and annoying. I have no idea who came up with that idea but it's totally weird to me. Doesn't sound comfortable either.
    Thank you! I think we all have weird makeup days. I know I can't be the only one! I figured I'd post it anyway, even though I'm not particularly happy with it. After all, perfect is boring, right??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very long time ago a drag queen glued false lashes to me with weave bond. People do horrifying things sometimes...

    You look flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CthuLynny,
    Oh wow...that's crazy! Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! you look lovely! I'm in love with your long curly lashes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the far looks of this one better then close up...Idont know why you would use eyelash glue that sounds painful. I don't know maybe the glitter I used was different but I never had to use anything on top of my eyeshadow to get it to stay...but I guess if your using glitter as eyeshadow it will be different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phyrra,
    Thank you!

    The Beautifier,
    Aw, thank you! These things are beastly sometimes!

    ZombieKitten,
    Thank you. :-) I don't either but some gals use it all the time. Just sounds so annoying.

    ReplyDelete