Sparkle Addicts

Friday, December 9, 2011

Nails/NOTD: NYX Girls - Ink Heart

This polish is the first one by NYX Girls that I was a bit disappointed with. The colour is so awesome! Even my husband likes it. This reminds me of dark blue ink from a pen. It is darker than the pictures show too. The formula for this one was a little weird. It is not runny, but it sort of bled once I applied it, like a runny polish would do when you put WAY TOO much. I applied it neatly, in thin layers and it would still run, move or bleed. It looks like I needed to do 3 coats instead of two as it ended up being thinner in some spots. It was a pain to work with. I might try a black base and add this on top next time and see if that would work better.

 
 natural direct light

  flash


I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat 
2 coats of NYX Girls - Ink Heart
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome color, I hope it works out better in future applications because it is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this shade of blue is perfect! It's impressed me much!
    =D
    Esmaltes, Make-Up & Cia.
    rockuroutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete