Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Green, White and Red Reverse Smokey Eye Christmas Makeup Look

This weeks Never Too Much Sparkle's themed showcase: REVERSE SMOKEY EYE USING RED AND/OR GREEN, is probably the first theme I didn't want to participate in. Why? I really don't like reverse smokey eyes. Never have and probably never will. I just don't care for how it looks, especially on me. I think it mainly works for people who don't have a lot of space to work with their upper eye area, but for me (having a large upper eye area) I think it makes me look weird. My husband doesn't like the reverse smokey look on me either. But I stepped out of my comfort zone and did this theme anyway. I made it very Christmasy! :-D

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Coastal Scents Shadow Worx eye primer (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger)
Detrivore original eye primer (applied all around the eyes patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger) 
Sugarpill - Tako (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting and blending downward toward the lash line)
Sugarpill - Midori (applied to outer V, lid and lower lash line with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Sugarpill - Bulletproof (applied to lower lash line with MAC 266 by patting/sweeping)
BH Cosmetics gel eye liner - Burn (applied to waiter line and upper lash line winging out with MAC 266)
NYX Candy Glitter Liner - Green (applied to lower lash line and winged out)
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black

Eyebrows: Ardell brow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Avon Glazewear Lipgloss - Mauve Movement

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Sobe Powder Foundation - Light Neutral (applied by lightly patting it on with a damp cosmetic sponge)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied with a large powder brush) 
Sobe Duochrome Blush - After All (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line)

11 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS on you!
    And so festive! I like the reverse smokey eye look on you :) It's a bit more plain (for lack of a better word) on you, but still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! I did the same kind of makeup just last week xD Just haven´t had time to post it yet. Tho I made the red line with glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! green and red are intresting :D! very creative :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice. The only thing I would change is the red liner on your waterline - it makes your eyes look irritated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you ladies! I don't think it makes my eyes look irritated. I think it just looks like I'm wearing red liner. I wouldn't change it as I like to step outside the box. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally love it and think you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blix, I think this looks great on you - definitely different, but you look like a gorgeous Yule elf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm I like the green liner but not a huge fan of red :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for braving the realm beyond your comfort zone. The look was one of a few requests I made to the Makeup Zombie and to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be wearable at all! I just wanted to see some weird and creative ideas I'd never seen done. It does look unusual, but you're so lovely I doubt you could look bad if you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how pretty but the red/pink liner kinda freaks me out a little. think it could've been accentuated with navy blue then maybe it wouldn't be so scary-esque? but that's just my (unprofessional) opinion! :D totally love the green and the shading though. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love Midori and mixed with the red gel eyeliner, this is great! I'll have to find that eyeliner....

    ReplyDelete