Sparkle Addicts

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cherry Culture review...not happy.

For those of you who follow my blog, know that I don't review products or companies very often. The reason being is I mainly don't have much time to write reviews and most of the time I don't feel it necessary to review something, unless it's either super amazing or so bad I need to tell people it needs to be avoided

 So here goes. On November 12th, I placed an order with Cherry Culture for several NYX items that were on sale at the time (nail polishes and some eyeshadows). My order was processed and shipped on November 23rd. I received my package on November 29th. Before I opened it, I knew something was wrong since I ordered several nail polishes and the box wasn't nearly heavy enough to be polishes. So I opened it, sure enough it was not my order and the packing slip was for someone else and their order.

I immediately called Cherry Culture's customer service and didn't get through. I called again and left voice mail. I then emailed their customer service and waited a couple days. I never heard from them. So I went ahead emailed the other person whom the order belonged to and let her know I had her order and wanted to know if she had mine. I heard back from her right away, she did have my order and she had also considered contacting me as she had not heard back from Cherry Culture either. She was extremely nice and that same day we agreed to get our orders out to each other.

I got my order in a few days and so did she. My order was fine, nothing missing or broken. I was happy that we were able to help each other out. :-)  On December 5th, I finally got an email back from Cherry Culture asking me to return the package and they would send out the correct one after they received it. So I realize if I would have waited to hear back rather than taking care of it myself, I'd still be without my order for at least a couple more weeks. Which I'm not OK with.

Over the past 2 years, I've ordered from Cherry Culture many times with no problems. So this was very disappointing to me. My order was mixed up. Someone I don't know received a packing slip with my personal information (and I had hers) and it took them over a week to respond. I know it's the Holidays and it gets very busy, but this was unacceptable. I might order from them again, but it won't be any time soon.

Has anyone else had any problems with ordering from Cherry Culture?

9 comments:

  1. I know a few people who've had similar issues, so I've avoided them :(

    I use nonpareilboutique.com for NYX - they're very good and VERY cheap, but take longer to ship than most. That may be because I'm Australia-side, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried buying through Cherry Culture, and now I'm not sure if I want to. That's awful business practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I can accept slow orders and even wrong orders to a point but sending someone else ALL my details is not on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had anything like that happen, but I find they're very hit and miss. Sometimes my order will get to me within two weeks (I'm overseas, so that's really good for me) and other times it will be 5-6 weeks before it turns up. Sometimes it's missing something and they haven't charged me for it, but they haven't told me it wasn't in stock either. They seem to be a bit disorganised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn that sucks! I order from Charry Culture all the time as its the easiest way for me to buy many US brands in one place. Ive not had any orders go haywire...maybe its because i'm an international customer, I dont know.
    I know i'll keep an eye on future orders with them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, was your billing and shipping address the same? The website says the billing and shipping address HAVE to be the same. I am confused.

      Delete
    2. Ayesha, What's there to be confused about? THEY mixed up our orders. Even if the billing address wasn't the same as the mailing (which it was in both of our orders), they still shipped my order to someone I don't even know, and shipped hers to me, and included slips with our personal information!

      Delete
  6. I have never ordered from them but I have heard similar complaints a few times.
    Smashinbeauty Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, ouch... I would be reporting that if I were you, that's a breach of protection of customer information, BIG time. Especially since they didn't even bother to contact you in a timely manner after you made attempts. Sorry to hear about this, but glad that the other person was nice and honest.

    ReplyDelete