Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas shtuff...

This year I wasn't sure if I wanted to share with you, what gifts I received for Christmas. I know some of you see it as bragging, but I always love seeing what other people wanted and received. I'm fairly hard to shop for. I'm one of those people that if I see something I REALLY want, I'll find a way to buy it myself, even if that means saving up for a few months to do so.

The #1 thing I wanted was another pair of steampunk boots. I wanted them so much that I told my husband, I'd be fine it that was the only thing I got. He got them!

 These are now the coolest boots I own! :-) 

 I've been wanting the Alice game since it came out this year. I could have bought it at any point, but I knew my husband was wanting to get it for me. I don't write in diaries, but my husband got this as it has a bunch of Alphonse Mucha art work inside. Which is my fav!

 

This last gift was a huge surprise! Since I'm all about makeup, Jason was looking for months for an antique powder compact. I had no idea! This compact is 90 years old, is sterling silver, has a sterling silver chain wrist strap, a mirror and MEM engraved on the front. OK so those aren't quite my initials, but it's close. My first name is Emily, my last name starts with an M and everyone calls me Em or just M. My husband sometimes calls me "My exquisite M" so that's why the MEM worked out. :-)  Such a sweet and thoughtful gift! I cleaned it and added a MAC pressed face powder to it so that I can use it. :-)  But haven't taken pictures of the MAC powder in it.
 
 
 


Play time is over and I must get back to work! Hope everyone had a great Holiday!

26 comments:

  1. These are great gifts! I don't see it as bragging - I love hearing about others' gifts! Those boots are killer awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some wonderfull gifts! I absolutly love the shoes, I think I started drewling when I saw the pic.lol And I adore the compact powder! I have a thing for antiques/vintage stuff, its really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First...those boots are all kinds of awesome! Second, it was a Mucha Christmas - I got a really great print to add to my (small) collection. And that compact is perfect - especially with the MEM. They may not be your initials but it fits perfectly. Jason did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that powder compact! What a lovely man you have <3 And I need to love those shoes too! Omm <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your shoes´re so cool!!
    I love this.

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful and thoughtful gifts, clearly your husband knows (and loves) you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes. Oh my dear god they're awesome! Bet they look killer on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boots are super hot, and I <3 the Mucha diary and vintage compact.

    My gifts this year were cash and gift cards, so I was able to order several books, a backup for my Too Faced powder foundation, and a 10-pan palette from Inglot. If you ever get a chance to try any of Inglot's products, I highly recommend them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. :O I want those shoes! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the shoes! OMG SO FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO CUTE! I am envious of your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rad boots! you'll have to share an ootd rockin them. I sometimes see tattoos online featuring Alphonse Mucha, very cool. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are amazing.

    And the compact is such a cute gift. Aw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pressies and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoes. Ohmygod. Shoes.

    Seriously, those are the most awesome shoes I have EVER seen.

    The compact, however, is the sweetest gift. That was quite a find on your husband's part!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely presents! The compact is so cute and I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to have found your blog. We same to have the same taste in.... well, everything. :)

    Those are some of the coolest boots I've ever seen. And Mucha is one of my favorite artists too. I do a lot of my work in his style.... Fake being an original artist until you can make it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. dear heavens, THOSE SHOES!!!! i am superduperduuuuper jealous! :D you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i want those shoes and the compact is beautiful. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those boots are amazing! Love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg those shoes! You got some fantastic gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excuse me while I drool all over your boots! My friend and I were gushing over this awesome pair we found in an alt store the other day, but those are possibly even cooler.

    After Lisa Eldridge did her vintage makeup series I became so interested in old school makeup. I went to a vintage fair and just about died at all the old compacts they had! The seller was rude and thought I was a child that was going to break everything so I didn't buy anything though >:(

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOh lovely boots! damn i cant wear heel arches like that much anymore..wish i could as i'd LOVE those boots for my steampunk (steamgoth more so....no browns lol) outfits
    The compact is beautiful too, such a thoughtful gift.

    I got a fantastic gravity fed dual airbrush from my partner which will be fantastic for my costume makeups.my partner's mum, bless her got me a makeup brush set in a nice brush roll. The brushes werent that great in all, just a few i'd use, but the roll is fantastic hehe.

    ReplyDelete