Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pink and Purple Smoky Eye Makeup Tutorial

 Fall is in the air. I'm already thinking of my favourite colours to wear. Plummy purples are definitely amongst them!

This look was created using the Cool Shimmer palette from BH Cosmetics.


 


 
 
 
 
 Click below for the tutorial!




Chart I made for the Cool Shimmer palette
 
 Start by applying your favourite eye primer. I used Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Then apply a very sticky base (Sobe's Stick It!, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy or Darling Girls Cosmetics Glitter Glue all work great).

 Apply #59 in the crease, outer V and lightly blend into the outer lower lash line.

 Apply #69 to the outer crease.

 Apply #38 to the lid and blend upward and out.

 Apply #38 to the lower lash line.

 Apply #88 to the upper and lower lash line and wind outward.

 Apply #58 to the inner corner.

 Blend out the harsh edges by using NYX Nude under the brow and blending downward in a zig zag motion. For the lower lash line, use a skin tone eyeshadow or a powder foundation and blend out any harshness.

Apply a black liquid liner. I used e.l.f.'s Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Black, on the upper lash line then winged outward.

Apply your favourite black mascara. I used 1 coat of e.l.f's Studio 3 in 1 Mascara in Very Black on the upper and lower lashes.

For the rest of what is on my face:

Eyebrows: Sobe Botanicals Fill Me In eyebrow powder Raven and Brunette mix (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: My own blend of OCC Lip Tars. I really can't remember what I mixed.

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion 
e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation - Porcelain (applied with finger tips)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied all over face with a large powder brush) 
I made a contour powder by mixing a bit of Sobe's Brunette with a little  powder foundation (applied just below the cheek bones)
Sobe Botanicals blush - Charming (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line)
e.l.f. Studio Blush  - Gotta Glow (applied just above the cheek bones to highlight)
 
If you have any questions, please let me know! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog, not as a blogger but as a admirer, and because of you I decided to start a blog too!

    Thank you for your wonderful work, you just keep getting better and better. Kisses from small country of Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official - there is no lip colour which does not look amazing on you! D: xx

    Moved blogs - nthxdegree.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete