Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fiery Sunset Eye Makeup Look + Picture Tutorial

Yellow is definitely a colour I don't reach for very often. But I had an itch to do some sort of sunset inspired look. So here you go.

This look was created using Fyrinnae shadows.

My husband did not like this look. He literally said I looked like a clown. WTF?!

 

 The best metallic red lipstick ever!

 Since I don't normally post pictures of me smiling...

 
 
 
 

Click below for the tutorial!




 Start by applying your favourite eye primer. I used Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Then apply a very sticky base (Sobe's Stick It!, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy or Darling Girls Cosmetics Glitter Glue all work great).

 Apply Kamikaze to the outer eye area in a circular motion with a fluffy blending brush.

 Apply Elctro-Koi to the outer V and outer lid and sweep it into the crease with a blending brush.

 Apply Bifrost to the inner V, lid, crease and lower lash line by patting it on with a small shadow brush and blending outward.

 Apply Kamikaze to the lower lash line by patting it on with an angled shadow brush and sweeping it inward.

 Apply Electro-Koi just below Kamikaze on the lower lash line, using the same angled shadow brush.

 Using a skin tone shadow and a fluffy blending brush, blend out all the harsh edges.

 Now apply Bifrost just below Electro-Koi on the lower lash line.

Apply Bifrost above Electro_Koi on the upper eye area and blend.

 Everything should look something like this. :-)

Apply a black liquid liner. I used Kryolan aqua color in black.

Apply false lashes and mascara to bottom lashes to complete the look! I used Ardell #113 and Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara in Very Black.

For the rest of what is on my face:
 
Eyebrows: Sobe Botanicals Fill Me In eyebrow powder Raven and Brunette mix (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Morgana Cryptoria - Fire Brick

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion 
Sobe Powder Foundation - Light Warm (applied with Coastal Scents bionic buffer brush)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied all over face with a large powder brush)
Sobe blush - Nouveau (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line) 
 
If you have any questions, please let me know!

15 comments:

  1. This is your best look yet, I can't even. It's SO beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's crazy! This is gorgeous. Love how bright and vibrant the colours are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this look :) It's very summery and I think it's really pretty with red hair. Thanks for the tutorial, I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, the eyeshadows are amazing, I need to get my hands on them! Fantastic job, well done :D

    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, the smile was unexpected. You have such a wonderful smile, it really changes the feel of your look. I love that you are posting so many tutorials lately (thank you).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look!! Husbands are silly sometimes. I have all of these colours except Kamikaze and it's no longer available - boo. I'm going to try with Bite Me or Candy Coated.

    Love love love your tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look cute. I love the red lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. u do not look like a clown! maybe u could have done nude or neutral lips or just clear gloss. but it looks gorgeous with red lips. :) i often break the so-called rule of crazy colorful eyes and doin bright lips also. i feel like ppl might think i look like bozo the clown, but i always get compliments. in the end i always do colorful lips cuz that's just how i roll lol. also u do it all the time and u always look gorgeous. awesome look, i wish i was as talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only thought the eyes looked like a clown, but he liked the lips. So I don't think wearing a nude lipstick would have made a difference to him. He's just a weirdo!
      When it comes to makeup, there are no rules! Do whatever you want!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! :) Love the colors.
    I have a couple pigments by Fyrinnae and I love em. I also have their Pixie Epoxy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous, not clownish at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very striking! I love fire-themed looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to MC's Fire Brick. I did a review on it and linked back to you :) http://yasmin-ohwhatfun.blogspot.com/2013/01/morgana-cryptoria-fire-brick-swatch.html

    ReplyDelete