Sparkle Addicts

Monday, August 27, 2012

Teal, Brown and Gold Eye Makeup Look + Picture Tutorial

Last night my kitty Athan, was a little aggressive with snuggly time before bed. He has this thing where he really likes kneading dough on my hair and rolling in it/rubbing his face on it. So with laying on my back with all my hair pulled up above my head (was already in bed, lights out), Athan was practically on my head rubbing his head on mine while kneading dough on my hair. I guess he got a little carried away as he started to hurt me (felt like my hair was being ripped out!) and I was squeeling for him to get off and finally tried to push him away from my head and in trying to keep his balance (and hold of my head) his hind paw scratched my outer left eyebrow (you can see it a little in the close up pictures for the tutorial). It's not terrible but since this happened in the dark, we were both startled and initially it did hurt a lot. Come on! Eye areas a sensitive! My outer eyebrow is now sore and a little bruised. But I survived. Love hurts sometimes. :-)

This look was created mainly using  Morgana Cryptoria eyeshadows and lipstick.

 


 
 
 
 
 

Click below for the tutorial!



See my love booboo? ;-)
 Start by applying your favourite eye primer. I used Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Then apply a very sticky base (Sobe's Stick It!, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy or Darling Girls Cosmetics Glitter Glue all work great).

 Apply Morgana Cryptoria Mordred to the outer 1/3 of lid and outer crease by patting it on with a medium sized shadow brush.

 Apply Morgana Cryptoria Sarcophagus just above the outer crease with a fluffy blending brush.

 Apply Morgana Cryptoria Jaded Peacock to the middle lid and crease with a shadow brush by patting, then blending outward.

 Apply Morgana Cryptoria Lady of the Lake to the inner 1/3 of lid and crease by patting it on with a small shadow brush, then blending outward.

 Apply Morgana Cryptoria Mysterious Veil to the inner corner by patting it on with a small shadow brush.

 Using a small angled taklon liner brush, apply Morgana Cryptoria Sarcophagus to the inner half of lower lash line by swiping it on.

 With an angled shadow brush, apply Morgana Cryptoria Mordred to the outer half of the lower lash line by patting then sweeping outward.

To soften the harsh edges on the upper eye area, apply NYX Vanilla Sky below the brow by patting, then blending downward in a zig zag motion.

 Soften the lower lash line by blending a skin tone shadow or powder foundation on the lower lid.

 Apply a black liquid liner. I used Kryolan aqua color in black.

 Apply Red Cherry Lashes #43.

 Apply BH Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Lake to the waterline.

 Apply black mascara to the lower lashes.

This is the completed look!

For the rest of what is on my face:
 
Eyebrows: Sobe Botanicals Fill Me In eyebrow powder Raven and Brunette mix (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Morgana Cryptoria - Lust After Midnight

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion 
Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation - Light Ivory
Sobe Powder Foundation - Light Warm (applied with Coastal Scents bionic buffer brush)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied all over face with a large powder brush) 
Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls - Light Bronze Pearl (applied under the cheek bones to contour)
NYX Blush - Pinched (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line)
Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl (applied just above the cheek bones to highlight)
 
If you have any questions, please let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I really like this look, I must try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of colors!
    You can not imagine how much I'm happy to follow your tutorials. Love love love!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sarcophagus! Love this look, the combo of gold and teal is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I have ended up with random scratches while we were just sleeping, cat punks! I like this look, it's very vintage to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! These are some lovely colours for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used gold on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahww, kitties and their painful lovin', lol. My cat usually starts to lick my hair but because of all the products I use, he usually makes a face half way through that tells me without a doubt that my hair tastes like crap. Beautiful colours and look!

    ReplyDelete