Sparkle Addicts

Saturday, August 6, 2011

OOTD: Little Black Dress with Steampunk accessories

This outfit is from yesterday. We had a couple friends over for dinner and it was yummy and good company.

I was going to wear some cool lacey tights, but with cooking over a hot stove, it would not have been very comfortable so I decided to just keep my legs bare. Was still hot without them...I mean temperature wise. :-P  Ha!

 


This isn't actually a dress. I put on a black V-neck top from Old Navy, then took a black medium length skirt (also from Old Navy) and placed the waist band directly under my bust line. To make sure it stayed in place, I added a harness on top of it, that I made out of black elastic and chrome metal hardware. 

Shoes are MUDD mary janes I found on eBay for $20. I embellished them with pewter gears to make them more my style. :-)

Necklace is available in my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Moon-Maiden-Jewelry

This outfit was very cheap and simple to put together. I love altering clothing and accessories to make them useful in various ways. I'm always sewing and creating as well as taking things apart to put them on something else or put together differently. I really want to make some steampunk bikinis to sell...but not sure anyone would want to wear them! Anybody interested?

~BLIX 

14 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I never would have guessed this wasn't a dress! Love how you embelished the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL steampunk bikinis? I've never seen that before. I LOVE the all black look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definately be interested...All I wear is bikinis since I have gotten into shape and a very unique one would be awesome....Outfit is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No bikinis for me until I reach my goal weight, but I'd be happy to buy a steampunk'd t-shirt or tank top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the shoes right off. That's cool how you embellished them steampunk style. :)

    Oh, to be able to wear a bikini again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interested! Cute outfit ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes yes yes!! steampunk bikinis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit, and I love what you did with the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harness on black dress - always a winner ;D (blogger hasn't been letting me comment for the longest time - so for all I couldn't post: I love all your outfits! lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit posts - and especially how you tweak stuff, like this "dress." Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete