Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

American McGee's Alice Costume & Makeup

Happy Halloween! This costume and makeup look is what I wore last Friday and Saturday. My husband DJ's at an event that occurs usually once a month and we had our Halloween Spectacular on the 26th and a friend's house party on the 27th. Both were a lot of fun!

For my costume, I bought an American McGee's Alice dress, an Omega necklace and I used tights and boots I already had. I just happened to be at a Halloween shop that had a knife that was the right size and shape, similar to the Vorpal blade, so I bought it. It's a cheap piece of foam crap and on some parts, the paint was peeling off by the end of the night. Probably partially my fault. I was using it to spank my friends! Ha!

For the eye makeup I used products I already had from Morgana Cryptoria (she makes the best red eyeshadows!). I played both Alice video games like mad, so I felt confident that I could duplicate her makeup fairly well. I decided to go with how she looks in the second game: Madness Returns. In that one, Alice has blackened, smoky rusty red eye makeup with sort of natural glossy lips.  So that is what I went with. I didn't do anything different with my hair except part it down the middle.

 
 
 
 
Photo to show what she looks like for those of you who are unfamiliar with the game.

My full costume. :-)
 
Makeup:

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Coastal Scents Shadow worx eye primer (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger)
Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue (applied all around the eyes patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger) 
Morgana - Old Bloody Mary (applied just above the crease, outer V and lower lash line)
Morgana - Concubine (applied to crease by patting and blending upward. Also applied to lower lash line)
Morgana - Harbinger (applied to lid by patting and blending upward and outward. Also applied thinly to line the lower lash line)
Ardell Brow Defining Powder - Soft Black (applied to upper and lower lash line, inner corner and gently winged outward. I went over the upper lash line with a small shadow brush and blended it upward slightly)
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk (waterline)
NYX - Nude (applied under the brow and blended downward)
e.l.f. Studio 3-in-1 Mascara - Very Black

Eyebrows: Sobe Fill Me In Brow Filler - a mixture of Brunette and Raven (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: e.l.f. Studio Lip Balm SPF 15 - Plum

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion
Sobe Powder Foundation - Light Warm (applied with Coastal Scents bionic buffer brush)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist (applied all over face/neck with a large powder brush) 
NYX blush - Taupe (applied just below the cheek bones to contour)

13 comments:

  1. oh wow! i have no idea about any video games so thx for the pic :D ... you look amazing! just like the girl on the comic pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. spot on! Love the costume very much, and of course the perfect makeup ~ Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You really(!) look like Alice from the game *.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You look just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look, you suit Alice very well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this makeup look! Just recently found your blog and LOVE IT! So many new makeup products I want to try. I did have a question for you, being a paper pale girl myself what sort of sunscreen (if any) do you use with the mineral makeup? I would like to give Sobe Botanicals a try (their foundation and eyeshadows) but I am a little nervous about looking cakey (I tend to have dry skin). Thanks! Again great blog and information. Nice distraction for me as I cut out 200 purple fleece "owl feathers" for my daughters Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is so spot on, you looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's great, you look like the original! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great costume! This kind of eye makeup look really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know this videogame before, but you totally look like the character!

    ReplyDelete