Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gold, Green, Purple & Bronze Makeup Look with Cool Shimmer 88 Palette

No, I didn't get a haircut. I didn't realize my hair was doing this until I saw the pictures on my puter. I have really long hair with lotsa layers. It's about 3 inches below my bra line in the back with chin length layers in the front. I had my hair up while doing my makeup then let it down and it just fell this way. Looks cute though. Although I really need to dye my roots. Hee hee.

So anyway, onto the look. I used the cool shimmer palette again. I REALLY love the colours. This palette is way better than the original shimmer palette. They are so vibrant and jewel-toned. I was going for a very vibrant look on the lid, with a sort of neutral look on the lower part and NO liner. I never do that so I wanted to try something different. Let me know what you think!
 
 
Not sure why I look mad here...I'm not!

 Cool Shimmer 88 Palette Chart (I made this!)

All of the colours I used were great to work with except #70. It has larger glitter pieces in it so it went on sort of flaky and did not want to blend!

Eyes:
Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (applied to upper lid, blending in gently with ring finger) 
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (applied all around the eyes patting then rubbing in gently with ring finger)
Cool Palette - 1 (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting, sweeping and blending downward) 
Cool Palette - 62 (applied to inner half of lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping) 
Cool Palette - 83 (applied to outer half of lid with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 6 (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting)
Cool Palette - 43 (applied to inner half of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 87 (applied to outer half of lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Cool Palette - 70 (applied to outer V with MAC 217 by patting then sweeping inward on the crease)
NYX Candy Glitter Liner - Lavender (applied on top of the purple by swiping it on)
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: chapstick

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)  
 

4 comments:

  1. Great look! I love the way the gold and green fade into each other. On a side note, I would murder to have eyelashes as long as yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a cool and unique combo - but i think i like your more bold and defined looks better.
    however, while doing eotds every day, varity is nice from time to time. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteee! I love the glitter of the purple. I also love your hair in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I recently got my grubby paws on the cool shimmer palette, it is so beautiful! I think I like it better than my original 88. :)

    ReplyDelete