Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NOTD: Orly Lunar Eclipse + China Glaze Black Mesh Nails

This is from last weekend. I have been crazy busy with jewelry orders, but since nail posts don't take much time I figured I'd go ahead and post this for you.

I first did Lunar Eclipse, then I tested Black Mesh on top. Yeah I'm very late to the crackle polish thing, but I wanted to try it and see how it is. Doesn't look right with this polish IMO. I'd like to try it over white polish tho.

 Natural indirect light

flash

 flash

Then I added Black Mesh on top. I don't think I like it and probably should try it with a much brighter or lighter shade underneath. Next time. :-)

I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat 
3 coats of  Orly Cosmic FX - Lunar Eclipse
1 coat China Glaze Black Mesh
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat

~BLIX

3 comments:

  1. yep probably a lighter base would be more vibrant with the crackle polish. i do love the blue nails..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might like black crackle over a yellow green, too! It's very Halloween look, but it's awesome. Lunar Eclipse is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it but the crackle thing took me a while to get used to. And I like them better with a topcoat, maybe that works a bit more for you?
    I agree though, black crackles look prettier on a lighter base.

    ReplyDelete