Sparkle Addicts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Neutral Smokey Makeup look with Morgana Cryptoria

Here's the first look I did with 2 shadows from Morgana Cryptoria's Eye See You Halloween eyeshadow collection. I wanted to test out the Socket To Me eye primer as well. I normally wear an anti-crease primer (I have REALLY oily lids so everything tends to crease like mad on me), then apply an eyeshadow base primer, but I wanted to see if this was wearable for me without a primer. Unfortunately it's not. However, it only creased a tiny bit so it's still pretty good for not using an anti-crease primer with it. I know a lot of you don't have issues with creasing, but a lot of you do. So for anyone interested in trying this primer, you may still need an anti-crease primer if you have issues with creasing.

I do like the Socket To Me eye primer. It's very smooth, blends easily and does help the shadow adhere as well as makes it almost effortless to blend.  I really like it so far and will keep using it to get a better feel for how much I need to use (I think I used too much for this look). This is not meant to be super sticky. It does not work for glitter, in case you were wondering about that.

Don't mind the gross bug bite on my neck. Dang spiders are taking over my house!
 
 
 
 
 

 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Morgana Socket To Me eye primer (applied all around the eyes, blending in gently with ring finger)
elf - innocent (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and blending downward)
Morgana - Creepy Peepers (applied to outer V and crease with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
Morgana - Cronea (applied to upper lid with MAC 239 by patting)
Morgana - Snowsheen (applied to inner V with MAC 228 by patting) 
Kryolan Aqua Color liner - black (applied wet with water, using MAC 210 on upper lash line winging outward)
NYX jumbo pencil - Milk (waterline) 
Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black (lower lashes)
Ardell lashes #113

Eyebrows: Ardell Eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Morgana lipgloss - Witches Brew

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Sobe Powder Foundation in Light Neutral (applied with a taklon flat top buffer brush)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
Sobe Botanicals Duochrome blush - After All (applied to cheek bones with an angled blush brush) 
 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute eye look and I don't like spiders either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look! And thanks for the info! I have mad oily lids, as well... so this is definitely useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing neutrals. This looks great (as usual). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gloss goes so well with your hair!

    ReplyDelete