Sparkle Addicts

Sunday, October 9, 2011

NOTD: Orly Cosmic FX - Space Cadet

This is from last Tuesday. While I thought when I first got the Cosmic FX collection that the darker ones would be my fav, I think this one might be! It sometimes looks green, copper, pink or purple! This would be an amazing eyeshadow...if only.

I've heard of people having issues with this brand. I haven't had any yet as I've found that even with the crappiest polishes, if I apply them in thin coats letting each coat fully dry before I apply the next, I never have a problem. My process is, while I watch a movie or marathon of shows, I'll do my nails. I have a small fan on high aimed upward to disperse polish fumes in the air while applying, then I aim it downward directly at my nails for 10-15 minutes in between each coat. I am very patient with the process and I slowly and carefully apply the polish to avoid making mistakes. I'd rather avoid than need to do major cleanup afterward. This works wonders for me and has helped me regain my love of polish. Before I started wearing polish again, I had not worn it or even owned any in YEARS. Around 8 years.  I know, I'm going to makeup hell, right? :-P

 
natural direct light

 
natural indirect light

 
with flash

I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat 
3 coats of  Orly Cosmic FX - Space Cadet
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat
~BLIX

5 comments:

  1. so pretty! they are a bit sheer but who minds! that's my favourite orly collection atm! I love your blog, i just have start to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Orly, they're actually one of my favorite brands. This to me is the star of the Cosmix collection, it's so pretty! It has so many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any problems with Orly, either. I mean, their topcoat isn't the greatest, but that aside I really like their products.

    I wish I'd picked up this color now! Maybe I'll get my hands on it on the website, as well as the shades from their new collection that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have redeemed yourself from makeup hell. :) I love this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite. I really like the blue one from this collection, but that's no surprise since blues polishes are what I go to if I don't know what I want to wear. Blue is my safe color.

    I was supposed to write about the collection to my blog a long time ago, but these polishes are so difficult to photograph that I quit after showing two polihes... :D

    ReplyDelete