Sparkle Addicts

Sunday, August 28, 2011

NOTD: Avon Golden Wine + Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Burgundy Orchid

I haven't been doing my nails very much. I've been too busy making jewelry to bother with it. But I did my nails to go out on Friday night. :-)  I also did really cool makeup but I forgot to take pictures of it. Yes, I am bad.

I didn't do a very good job with this. I was on Skype with my brother who is serving in Iraq, so I was distracted. I was painting my nails before he called so I couldn't just stop with it partially done. So while we talked I tried to finish my nails, he would turn record on our conversation, which made this loud buzzing noise that startled me every time. Yes, he did it on purpose! He's a turd. My brother is U.S. Cavalry so he's in very dangerous situations. I'm so thankful that even though he's very busy, has been hit with IED's and has been injured, that he still makes time to speak to his family. I worry about him all the time. I miss him and can't wait for him to come home safely!

Anyway, onto the nails! Looks way better in person.

 
 Two above taken with flash

 
 Two above taken in natural, direct sunlight

natural indirect sunlight

I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat 
1 coat of Avon NAILWEAR PRO Nail Enamel in Golden Wine (discontinued)
1 coat of Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Burgundy Orchid (discontinued)
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat

2 comments: