Sparkle Addicts

Monday, March 15, 2010

Neutral Gold look using the 88 matte palette

I figured I would do a neutral matte look since I almost never do neutrals, and mattes are usually boring to me. I must switch things up from time to time. :-)  So here you go.

Eyes:
Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer
88 matte palette - flesh colour (applied to upper lid using MAC 239 by patting sweeping)
88 matte palette - light brown (applied to crease/outer V with Coastal Scents pink crease brush)
88 matte palette - dark brown (applied to crease/outer V with Coastal Scents pink crease brush)
88 matte palette - white (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and blending the edges)
88 matte palette - gold (applied to upper and lower lash line with MAC 266)
Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara - Very Black

Lips: NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss - Gold Sparkle

Face:
Sweet Sensations Body Cafe Peppermint Face Cream (applied with fingertips)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Make Up in Translucent Light
Earth-Glo Minerals powder foundation in Lightest Nude (applied with kabuki brush)
TKB - Coral Blush (dusted on cheeks, nose, chin, forehead and temples with a small blush brush)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you look beautiful whatever style you choose! I love the gold lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee that lipcolour on you! It's really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love your lips! I'm not much of a lip gloss girl unfortunately! I'm WAY too lazy to reapply in the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. the eyemake is pretty but subtle. Got to say though i ADORE that necklace you are wearing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I actually did a very similar look today using my 88 matt palette! :D Gotta love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really pretty! I haven't yet got the hang of a "natural" neutral look very good, I tend to still pack it on like I'm using brights or something. You did a really good job!
    I want that lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous as always, but I think we both know neutral looks are for chumps :P JK since I do neutral sometimes... but also not jk at the same time. hahaha. I think that lip color is not only one of the most interesting ones I have ever seen, but it looks really great on you. You should try Hi-Fi's "Gin and Sin". I just got it and it's pretty sheer, but has this gorgeous golden sparkle to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aksjdklajdlk soft looks are so pretty on you! And I love the soft liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lillian,
    Aw, that's sweet! Thank you! I lurve me some gold lips!

    RaeRae,
    Thank you, me too!

    Y,
    Ha ha! I love lipgloss because it's more moisturizing than lipstick. You might have to reapply but I need more moisture!

    Sakara,
    Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. :-) I made the necklace a few years ago. It's one of my favs!

    Kiku,
    Thanks, sweet lady!

    Nikki,
    Oh yeah! Love the 88 palettes.

    KittenMittens,
    Hee hee, I know what you mean. I used to do the same thing! Thank you. :-D

    Heather,
    Seriously! I feel like I'm not even wearing makeup when I do neutral looks because it's not vibrant and sparkly. It's great for when I'm around the in-laws tho!
    I think I have that in a sample...must try it!

    SilhouetteScreams,
    Thank you! Glad you like it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the comments about neutral looks, I always feel like it's a lot of trouble to go to for me not to end up looking any different :D

    With it being matte though, and your eye shape being so beautiful in structure I think it definitely still works for you. And I agree that it's good to mix it up, like with exercise - it's great to do the intense challenging stuff, but it's good to mix in some simple and effective basics too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW !:) speechless ! I feel like every single color looks good on you ^^ ! and i LOOOOOOOOVE ur eyebrows GOD! haha by the way, thanks for followiing ^^

    ReplyDelete