Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Exercise for 2-17-11 Yoga Meltdown Level 2 with Jillian Michaels

After my last exercise post, I still felt crappy (run down and nauseous) so I did go through with doing Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, as I mentioned I might do. This time I did level 2.

Video preview:

 

Details:
Jillian introduces a new yoga workout unlike any other. Combining hard-core yoga power poses with her dynamic training techniques, Jillian will get you real weight-loss results fast. YOGA MELTDOWN includes two complete 30-minute workouts that include a warm-up and cooldown. Begin with the Level 1 workout which focuses on quickly flowing yoga sequences to burn mega calories. Then progress to Level 2 which adds twists and balance poses for an even greater burn.

http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=JIAM55DVD

My thoughts:
This was a little more intense than level 1. Jillian introduced different moves that aren't in the first one. There were some more challenging balance moves that reminded me of how I'm quite wobbly on my left side while my right side is always solid. So weird how the body works. Why can't I be balanced on both sides?! Welp, it's just more of a reason to focus more on the left side to improve on it.
I built a lot of heat doing this workout but didn't sweat. I don't necessarily need to but that's how I usually know if something is challenging enough for me, by how much I sweat.
Even though I'm not too fond of Jillian's overly excited attitude for yoga (I think it's great for other styles but yoga?), I still enjoyed the overall workout and will more than likely do it again for lighter workout days.
Also, Jillian's behavior is some what cute and she lovingly picks on her participants, which makes the experience feel less routine and robotic. We've all done workouts that feel like the instructor isn't a human being...I like that this one isn't that way.

~BLIX

4 comments:

  1. I have this workout too and absolutely love it. :) I tend to stick with the more dance-type work outs because they keep me more interested, but this is my go to on days when I need a break from the overly happy dance videos. She always seems more genuine and motivating. Have you tried her 30 day shred? I've heard good things, and am looking to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried Level 1 because it's on Exercise TV, but I may have to look into Level 2 if it's more balance poses and just an overall tougher workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like this workout too! Since my husband works out with me, I can't do the dance type ones. He can dance, he just can't keep up with fast paced and constantly changing moves in a workout. :-D We tried and it was hilarious! He ended up just doing jumping jacks...almost the whole time.
    I have not done the 30 day shred. I have a few dozen weight DVD's so I don't know if it's something I need right now. But I am looking into getting new DVD's since most of what I have now, I've had for over 6 years...so if I get the 30 day shred, I'll post about it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. StacyNicole,
    The level 2 workout is tougher...butt and thigh burning poses for sure! I am a little sore today but it's not terrible. Feels good. :-) Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete