Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Orange, Pink, Purple & Blue Makeup look/Tutorial with Morgana Cryptoria

Sooooo I curled my hair again. This time it turned out crazy curly and BIG. I looked like the 80's came and attacked me! So I took some leave-in hair creme and conditioner to smooth it out and tame it. For the shorter layers on the top half of my head, the left side looked more like 20's finger waves while the right side was just BIG. When I first took the curlers out and ran my fingers through my hair...I started laughing! I looked insane! My hair had so much volume it was sticking about 4 inches off of my head.  I have no idea why that happened but I'm diggin' the finger waves for sure! Still is much more curly this time but it's still fun...after I tamed it. :-)

Here's the super colourful look and tutorial for ya!
 
 
 
 


Click below for the Tutorial:

 Apply a very tiny amount of Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (or whatever anti-crease primer you like) to the upper lid with ring finger, let it set about 30 seconds. Then apply Detrivore Eye Primer on top and the lower lash line (it's sticky, a little shimmery and makes eyeshadow more bold) using the ring finger as well.

I realized after applying the primers that I had random glitter on my hands (even though I washed them right before doing this look) so I got random specks of glitter on my eyes. Looks like I need to clean off my vanity to keep this from happening...but when you have as much loose glitter as I do, chances are it will happen again! Oops!

 Take a brush like MAC 217 (or any shader/blender brush you like) and apply Morgana's Snowball's Chance just below the eyebrow and blend downward into the crease.

 Take an angled shadow brush (or any shader/blender brush you like) and apply Morgana's Guenevere to the outer V by patting, then sweeping into the crease.

 Take a brush like MAC 239 (or any shader brush you like) and apply Morgana's Alchemy to the crease and upper half of lid by patting.

 Take a brush like MAC 239 (or any shader brush you like) and apply Morgana's Axe to Grind to the lower half of the lid by patting.

 Take a small brush like MAC 228 and apply Morgana's Lapis Lazuli to the lower lash line by patting.

 Take a small brush like MAC 228 and apply Morgana's Ethereal Veil to the inner corner by patting.

 Soften the edges by blending with your fav blending brush.

 Take a liner brush like MAC 210 to mix with water and Kryolan Aquacolor liner - Black (the best liquid liner ever!) to get the consistency you like and gently, slowly apply to the upper lash line and extend outward to form a wing. Remember practice, patience and a steady hand will create lovely winged liner.
If you don't have Kryolan Aquacolor liner, then use whatever liner you want.

 Apply Ardell lashes 118. I used Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive. I use the wand and gently apply the lash glue directly to my lash line, let it set until lash glue is almost clear. Then apply my lashes to lash line by pressing them on firmly to make them stick. It works EVERY time with no issues. Just be careful to not get glue into your eyes. If you have lash glue in regular squeeze tube, you can squirt a pea sized amount on the back of your hand, then use a flat taklon liner brush to apply that to your lash line. I switch back and forth between different glues so both techniques work the same for me.
If you have any questions about it, please let me know! If necessary, I will do a tutorial specifically on faux lashes. :-)

 Apply NYX Candy Glitter liner in Blue on top of black liner. I only did one coat to create subtle sparkle.

Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in milk to the water line. Will make your eyes look bigger. 
Then to finish the look, apply your fav mascara. I used Cover Girl Volume exact mascara in Very Black 

Here's the rest of what is on my face:

Eyebrows: Ardell eyebrow powder in soft black (applied with MAC 266)

Lips: Morgana's Vegan Lipstick in Azalea Blue (the best pink lipstick ever!)

Face: Skin MD Shielding lotion
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using a flocked sponge by patting then blending) 
AL You're a Doll! Gothic Lolita Rouge in Dolly (applied to cheeks with a small angled blush brush)
 

If you have any questions, please let me know!

~BLIX

31 comments:

  1. I love your hair!! and I love this tutorial!! ♥ The liner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it's because i am born 1979 or something - i love those curls a lot (the whole look to be precise ^^).
    what brand do you use to create them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the perfect lips for lipstick. All of your pictures look so pretty and polished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo gorgeous! This may be my favorite look ever! And your hair looks amazing! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the curls and the look! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like this step by step tutorial. I like the NYZ Jumbo Eye Pencil! <3 It looks beautiful added to the waterline. :)

    The hint of glitter makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is serious awesomesauce right here! Your hair is friggin' amazing, and I love these bright rainbow colors. I need to invest in some major glitter, I only have four shades right now and I don't think they are small enough to be using as an eyeliner.
    Anyways, you look like a crazy awesome doll in these photos. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and girl you look divine!
    I love your piercings <3

    And your make up looks are just stunning *super inspired*.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is so pretty! Your hair looks super luscious thats for sure, you did this with finger waves you say? Would you ever consider doing a finger wave tutorial? .x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Outstanding! I love how you combined the colours! Very glamourous and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this look! Adorable curls, fun makeup and your necklace is amazing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful and your lips are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my that Azalea Blue is amazing! So pretty! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE your hair curly. So hot. And this makeup is slamming. Good god, could you get any prettier?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, is there a color combination you can't do! Again, you make it look so easy and cool.

    I love the curly hair on you. What does your hubs think?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first pic! It's like you're saying "yeah, I look good, what's it to ya?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! I'd kill to get my hair to look like that... lol :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! U look a bit like Katy Perry in one of those pics

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great look :) love your hair and thank you for the lovely tutorial. its quite helpful ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing colorful make up tutorial!
    I'm from Brazil and I found your blog recently.
    You're very beautiful, I loved your blog and I saw all the pages and your make ups. I love your style.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. A tutorial on faux lashes would be wonderful!!! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this look... and this tutorial! Thanks for sharing the awesome looks, ladiefries. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool! I've never seen red eyeshadow used like this.
    I would very much like to see a tutorial of how you apply false lashes. It sounds kind of dangerous...but also more exact than placing the glue on the lashes first.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't think your eyes could get any bigger.

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you're doing tutorials now. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete