Sparkle Addicts

Friday, August 13, 2010

Workout for 8-12-10 Gilad and random stuff

So originally I was going to do Cathe's supersets workout with my hubby. But he came home not feeling well. He has severe allergies and took a Benadryl at work that made him tired and sluggish. So rather than going on without him, we decided to do a lighter workout so we could still do something together. We did a Gilad workout from the DVR which was recorded from fit tv. It was one I have not done before. Gilad is really good for beginners or people who want to work out but don't want to get crazy with it, if you know what I mean. He is especially great with working abs and the butt area IMO!
There wasn't a name for the particular workout we did. It said it was 30 mins and works your butt, quads, shoulders, biceps and abs. That's nice and all, but that's not a very balanced workout. What about triceps, chest, back or hamstrings???

With Gilad we did varying lunges with running arms, shoulder flies, bicep curls and abs. Um...yeah that wasn't much even for my honey bunny who wasn't feeling well.
So we did the workout but right before the abs part, I put it on pause and we both did extra exercises to make up for it (I did what I wanted and he did his own thing).

I don't remember how many sets or reps I did. I basically did each exercise until I felt I exhausted that muscle group.

I did all of these with 8 lbs. dumbells:
chest flies and presses laying on a mat
standing tricep overhead extensions and bent over extensions
rows for my upper back

Then I got on the stability ball to do lower back. I put my lower stomach on the ball with my legs straight and spread apart in a Y, put my hands behind my head (elbows aimed outward) and raised and lowered my upper body. You will feel this without any weights, but you can use weights if you want. I don't! 

Then I used the ball for thigh/butt stuff. I laid on my back put my feet (heels) on the ball, straightened my legs and then raised my body off the floor so I was in a fairly straight line from shoulders to feet. Keeping the feet flexed, I brought my heels to my butt, rolling the ball towards my body then rolling the ball back out. Repeating that for a few sets...you will feel that in your hamstrings! There is a way to do this without flexing your bum so you concentrate only on the hamstrings. Some people find it hard to do, but with practice you will develope more body awareness and be able to do it without squeezing your booty. :-)  But if you want to squeeze your booty to work your bum, that is OK too!

Then I did inner thigh squeezes. I did them laying on my back, placing the ball between my knees (feet flat on the floor and knees aimed up) and did some in single counts, then some in 4 counts (squeezing/holding for 3 counts then resting for 1 count). Sounds easy but it hurts!

So this morning I can feel that I worked out but it still wasn't quite enough for me.  If I wasn't going out tonight, I would do the Cathe workout I originally planned to do last night. But I am going out so I will have to do the workout on Sunday (Saturdays are my rest days unless I do outdoor activities).
I hope my workouts make sense. I only described the stability ball exercises as they aren't traditional workouts like the ones I did with dumbbells. If you have any questions, please let me know. 
I will be working on a list of stability ball exercises for a lovely lady who asked about it. Once I get that together, I will post it here. :-D  It might take me a while, but I will do it.

Hope you all are doing well!

~BLIX

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your workout posts, they really inspire me to persevere with my gym classes :)

    ReplyDelete